1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Cheerleader Tomlin EVER been a "good" head coach? I say no ..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 28, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Um... okay....

For one, I worked overtime today... so I do apologize in not answering your questions sooner rather than later. Quite a bit of back end work I had to catch up on. For two, I just recently read your inquiries for your responses.... and I have decided that, in addition to the level of vitriol that not only your request upon me is but the lack of respect you have shown others, I will no longer honor your requests. Most of all, for three, even not applying the other two, in no way shape or form does this board under any circumstances, swing 100% towards or against Tomlin......... at all.

Understandably you are upset... and rightfully so. Many of us included. Even more so is the aspect of questioning Tomlin is well within your right..... as it is a many here. However, the conduct at which you respond towards those who respond is a more telling sign that this thread was not made for the critique of Tomlin. Instead, what I have perused and, came to the conclusion to, is that you seem to enjoy to obtain a rise out of people; quite a sadistic fetish if you ask me.

Regardless however, that is your call. I do would like to impart you with a word of advice. As the maker of the games one plays, always play by those rules.

• Like Like x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That time Tomlin unleashed hell was pretty awesome...:unsure:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I complain about not getting a more thorough response, yet when I gave you one, you ran from it. Why was that? Did you have no answer for my argument? Did I hit too close to home bringing up your issues? Were you intimidated by my challenge to present your academic credentials for the board when you questioned mine?

The answer, of course, is D. All of the Above.

Regarding your specific question, all we ever really have to go on is outcomes. You refuse to acknowledge Tomlin's role in his successes, so the real issue here is your flawed premise.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Oh. The. Drama. So, either 1 of 2 things .. you are either confused given that your last post referenced a post where I was commenting to Goonatic, OR, you saw my last post where I asked you to be SPECIFIC when referencing Cheerleader Tomlin's successes, and given that no SPECIFIC examples exist which would prove that he was EVER good, you decided to take the thread off-topic by alleging that I am a big meanie with "sadistic fetishes".

SO, let's be real here. Which of the 2 best describes the reality?

Please take note, everyone:

Me: Has Cheerleader Tomlin ever been "good"?

Cheerleader Tomlin Apologists: Of course he's good! He's been to a SB! He's never had a losing season. He's on par with Payton, Harbaugh, and those like them.

Me: Be specific. What specifically has Tomlin done to demonstrate that he's a "good" coach.

Cheerleader Tomlin Apologists: Insert off-topic outbursts, name-calling, melt-downs, etc. .. I'm reporting you. You're a big meanie with sadistic tendencies.

I ask again .. Does the Cheerleader Tomlin is a "good" head coach foundation seem overly strong to you all?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He has been to two Super Bowls. His team won one of them. Perhaps you missed it.

You are earning every bit of mockery you are receiving on this thread.

Now stop running and bring it, sis.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin last went to the Super Bowl 11 seasons ago. Since then, he has captain'd 3 playoff wins against Matt Moore, AJ McCarron(Should have lost) and Alex "Checkdown" Smiff.

In that time he had the best receiver and running back who could also play receiver, with a top 5 QB in his prime in a league that made defense irrelevant.

Part of the problem too is Ben Roethlisberger has played exactly 0 clutch games in the playoffs since the 2011 Divisional Game against the Ravens.

Steelers will likely need to eat **** this year to get a top pick and pray they hit on a Justin Herbert type. If not, they will end up being the Denver Broncos after Peyton Manning retired for a while.

7. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Nope. I remember the 2 Super Bowls. Still waiting for a Tomlin apologist to tell me what the Cheerleader did SPECIFICALLY that put us there. He should have written a "thank you" card to Cowher for the first one. Should we also be crediting the practice squad for those 2 SB appearances since we seem to be arbitrarily crediting anyone and anything for us being there?

With regard to me earning mockery in this thread: the best I can tell there were 2 senior citizens that were a little loud and mouthy earlier. They've been a non issue since I directed them back to their wheel chair and put them in the corner where they belong. Goonatic tried to be tough, but utilizing some basic facts and asking him to articulate himself instead of acting like an ignorant child lead to him running to the hills. If this is the "mockery" you are referencing, believe you / me, it sure was intimidating and I hope I've seen the last of it! LOL

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not sure if you’ve calling me a senior citizen, but I just got home from Dart league tough guy. I’ll probably whack down a few more beers then get a few hours of sleep and go make bank tomorrow.
    I don’t know what more I’m really supposed to say to you at this point especially after thoroughly schooling you earlier today.
    I can tell you this though. We won’t have to put up with you much longer.
    Just remember who walked you right where I wanted you to go.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Your confusing facts with fantasy Peabrain Bob. Denial is a resource in Egypt.

10. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Right, Sleepy Glenn. Given your dart league escapades coupled with the "beer whacking" on a Tuesday night, I'm sure wherever it is that you are getting up and going to in the morning doesn't involve any high rise offices or executive level decisions being made. I'm willing to bet that "Bank" is likely between $16-$18 per hour.

If you would, please link myself and others to these fantasy posts of yours that supposedly "schooled me earlier". Watch this non-existent link not appear, everyone.

11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    TOMLIN has been a very good regular season coach until this year where his claim to fame no losing seasons will end. He also had elite offensive talent and a HOF QB for his entire career. Now that his QB is done so is his success. He has not been a good postseason coach in a decade however and after the Jax debacle should have been fired.

Too be fair Ben has been similar in terms of being very good in the regular season and less than average in playoff games especially in regards to turnovers.

TOMLIN deserves credit for the SB win and appearance even though it was with an inherited team because he still had to make calls and coach during those runs. Clearly since those players retired the defense has not been the same for many years until the last couple when 10 of our 11 defensive starters were first round picks. Ignoring the offensive line for example during that period has lead to this now however.

Ben should have retired and TOMLIN should have been relieved years ago. Only hope now is that Neither will be back next season and a new beginning will occur although I’m doubtful on TOMLIN not being here.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    You remember them? Great. It's funny how you keep trying to leave the victory out when you talk about Tomlin's resume. It's almost as if you keep trying to edit parts of his resume out of the discussion to serve your chosen narrative.

That you equated the head coach's contribution with players on the practice squad simply proves your willful ignorance and your refusal to see reason. This is why you get posts that just mock you rather than genuinely contributing to these threads. If you want a serious debate, have one. If you just want to rant thoughtlessly, understand that the mocking will most likely continue.

Do you really think you intimidated two posters into no longer responding to you? Lovely. We've got ourselves an internet tough guy here, folks.

Seriously, you keep questioning the education of others. Please do share your own academic resume with us. I asked in a previous post, but you ran from that particular challenge. Will you run from it again?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He will be bringing this one back shortly.

14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Bob is an idiot.

There, a well articulated response and it only took 4 words.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Formerbride - Could you demonstrate for myself and the rest of the forum, preferably by linking us to posts that I have made, which would support your assertion that I have edited a SB victory from Cheerleader Tomlin's resume? We'll be standing by as we wait for that link or links from you. Thanks.

Watch how these links never appear.

16. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    I have simply asked what the Cheerleader has done "specifically" that has made him a good coach. To be clear, I have left the door wide open for you and others to shower me with all these accomplishments. You seem to keep harping on the sole "he won a SB" accomplishment; however; you conveniently disregard the fact that he won a SB with a team that Cowher had created. Since he's so "good", naming a few other noteworthy accomplishments should be pretty easy task, right?

With regard to your continued fallacy that I am only getting mocked and no one is genuinely contributing to my threads, I would strongly suggest taking a reading comprehension refresher as you appear to be confused. It would be more accurate to say that you, Goonatic, a couple of senior citizens, and 1 or 2 attention-seeking others seem to take issue with my calling a spade a spade. Again, I've left the door open for all of you to enlighten me as to what makes the Cheerleader "good", but instead of offering me factual and useful insight, I have been greeted with your personal attacks and off-topic banter in my all threads. Go figure.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  17. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    "Intimidated" as in that I genuinely bullied them? No .. I don't think that. Do I think that these 2 mouthy and grumpy old men recognized that they are not an intellectual match for me? Based on the way that they were incapable of articulating themselves and fled when challenged, I'd say yes. That's probably accurate.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Some of us were schooled at places other than Trolling University. Spades are spades after all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Burger meister -0
    Rest of the board -1

20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks like someone escaped from Romper Room, don’t worry folks, I called his parents, they gave him a firm spanking and have returned him to kiddy class.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Bob managed to alienate Tomlin supporters and Tomlin critics in one fell swoop. Too bad he won’t be here to take a bow for that stunning achievement.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    My take on Tomlin. He did not wreck the Bentley he was given his first few years which was fine. But any coach will tell you that a team is not theirs till year three and beyond. The non losing seasons streak is nice and its cool to be good every year but we have a ceiling with Tomlin because his teams cant ever beat elite teams in playoffs because the offense and defense schemes are obsolete and too easy for teams to gameplan who have elite staffs. Who will ever forget the b$tch slapping the Patriots and Belichick gave us in our last AFC championship. I have given up on Tomlin and the steelers ever winning or making another super bowl until he is gone. I watch them and cheer but deep down we all know we cant be Reid with Patty M, The chargers with Herbert, or the Bills when it will count. Tank and start over. from top to bottom.

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Only if Harold and Kumar are there.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not if they are 24 hour clocks, ie military time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm still trying to figure out how "Glenn" turns into "Glemm". I've been blaming the keyboard since N and M are neighbors.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1