1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Has Cheerleader Tomlin EVER been a "good" head coach? I say no ..

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Burgettstown Bob, Sep 28, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well Cowher wanted to draft an OL over Ben in the draft, so I guess Colbert didn't get him what he wanted. I'm sure Colbert's drafting record would put him in the top 5 GMs, look at Belichick he's terrible at drafting, every GM has blunders though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 argue, but Do You mean the Jerry Jones that has Won 2 playoff games in 25 years???That Jerry Jones?????

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Twice is, technically, “at least once”.

But I learned math while hunting wooly mammoths, so somebody ought to check it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bob's in over his head.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Oh Geez. That was good. :thumbs_up:
    See everyone on Here can make Me laugh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Well actually Dan Rooney overruled both of them. I have no doubt Colbert would have drafted OL had that not happened.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    What is this high school?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Drama 101

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    You disagree how @steelersrule6? This absolutely is the way it happened.

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Apparently.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I doubt Colbert wanted to draft Stacy Andrews over Ben, after watching Maddox play the previous year.

12. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    The name Andrews was already written on the card or so the story goes. I'm telling you Colbert was Cowher's yes man.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I have heard the story that Dan overruled Cowher by Gerry Dulac, there was no mention of Colbert.

14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe Coach T has underachieved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I didn’t think it was possible, but Bob is actually making Benny look good.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Burgettstown Bob

Burgettstown Bob Active Member

Sep 20, 2021
    Oh yes. Good call on your part, Goonatic. I'm not sure what I should do now given that you and your 4 word sentences are here to do battle. It's especially worrisome when coupled with the retorts of the 2 unhappy senior citizens that went running for the hills hours ago. I just hope it doesn't get too much more intimidating than this.

Derrrrrrrrr

17. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Unless you can come at me with something interesting, your going to lose my attention too. You from the Pokémon fan Club? Or is daddy late from work again?

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Like Sean Payton you mean?! John Harbaugh?! Pete Carroll?! All of whom Tomlin compare to?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Ohhh .. I see! I'm losing YOUR attention, am I? Considering you seem to like to offer your unsolicited [and obviously limited] input in all my threads, that's a pretty rich statement coming from you, Goonatic. And when exactly did I "lose your attention"? Let's be real, Gump: You recognize you are inferior in every single way and your two butt-buddy senior citizens have probably been tucked in for the night. As a result, it's probably in your best interest that I "lose your attention" for the moment. That sound about right, Goon? I figured as much. Lol

No guys. Seriously. I'm tough and Cheerleader Tomlin is a good coach. Derrrrrr - Goonatic

20. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Great! Now can you articulate some "specific" examples of Cheerleader Tomlin's successes? For example, can you provide 1 or 2 specific occasions where we won solely because he out-coached the opposing team(s)? How about a specific time or two where his management of the clock resulted is us getting a W? Can you provide 2 or more examples where he took on young coordinators that went on to become "good" head coaches? How about a time or two where the discipline that he instilled into the organization lead to a deep playoff run?

Again, no generalities. Be specific, please.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :wave: that's me waving bye.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin bak bak bak bak terrible bak bak bak bak bak cheerleader bak bak bak never a losing season bak bak bak bak bak. :facepalm:

23. Burgettstown Bob

Sep 20, 2021
    Everyone, please take note. Ask one to articulate themselves in a scenario where the facts aren't on their side, and more often than not, this is how one will likely respond:

1.) provided a waving emoji only (common when one can't articulate themselves properly)
    2.) Came back minutes later to add that "he's waving goodbye". Great. Thanks for that clarification.
    3.) Came back several minutes after seething for those few additional mins (and after "saying goodbye") just so he can post gibberish that isn't funny, articulate, or on-point.

For the record, within the past hour, he was telling me that I was in over my head. LOL!!

On topic: Is anyone else capable of providing specific examples where Tomlin has been "good" during his tenure?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2021
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The biggest personnel move of Cowher's career was drafting Roethlisberger, something Cowher did not want to do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That Super Bowl championship wasn't bad. I already explained to you why your ridiculous attempt to dismiss it is such a failure, but you refuse to acknowledge anything but what you want to hear.

• Like Like x 1