1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Jan 25, 2017.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    says he wants to come back and Tomlin said he is open to him coming back to it looks like we get to watch the Silverback for one more season. I would put him on the shelf until week 10 and then just let him go nuts down The stretch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Are we ready to call Jarvis Jones a Bust yet?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Oh absolutely. He won't be back. I was a huge Jones supporter but he doesn't fit here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Stoked Deebo is coming back. We need his veteran leadership.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Deebo said he will stay til we win #7

Not sure he can play at age 52 though lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    This may not be a popular opinion, but I would like to see a full season with Jarvis as the starter and not sharing time. We never really saw this with Jarvis being injured in his first few years and then forced to share time with Harrison. Consecutive reps are essential for defensive linemen. Also, he would look better with a healthy Dupree on the other side.

Regardless. If we don't draft a guy to be the future I would bring back Jarvis on the cheap as a back up.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    For what it's worth, I sort of agree. It seemed to me before the change was made to make Harrison the starter, Jones was somewhat improving. He seemed to my untrained eyes to do quite well against the run.
    Now this isn't to necessarily say that I want Jones back, only that I think he was showing some signs of improvement.

8. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    People are still not willing to give it up. He's had 1 sack this season. 1

• Like Like x 2
  9. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    He got benched, because he can't defend the run, among other things. Just watch the replays of Zeek's 4th quarter runs. The rotation was over after that game

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He's never going to be the sack master they were hoping for. As for 1 sack, be pretty much rode the bench the second half of the season.

I think they will keep him for depth. Not like it will cost a huge amount to keep him, so unless he wants out of here, he'll probably be back.

11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jarvis is bad. No strength no speed no moves. Has good instincts but lacks everything else lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Jones will not be back. No how no way. He was a healthy scratch a couple of times. I think they are going with an edge rusher in the first hopefully a taco all the way from Michigan.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Jones had his chance to start the beginning of this season and he failed, finished the season with 1 sack. It's time to move on, they need a more dynamic player at that position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. gibson43

gibson43 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Jarvis was part of the issue in run d early on. Harrison played well, but a first round pick should beat out a 39 year old OLB. Dupree has had half the playing time as Jones and you can clearly see he's NFL caliber at OLB. Jones is trash and was a poor pick...time to move on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Id like to have Harrison back as a backup only. We need a pass rusher that can play full time.

• Disagree Disagree x 1