1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison Suspension

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lersgofor7, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Idiot Roger has the NFL so screwed up right now. Much more of his screwing things up and it will be unwatchable for me. I can't stand that idiot. Can't the owners see he is ruining their product??

2. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    How the hell can they even be considering 2 games? That's what Suh got for slamming an opposing player's head into the turf multiple times then stomping on his leg (or was it his arm?), all after the whistle had blown! Harrison's tackle was helmet to helmet (barely) but was in the course of a play! A fine, maybe, but a suspension? That's bull s#!%! :bscow:

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm betting Goddell suspends him one game. In hind sight, I think it will make the whole team play with more fire because of it.

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This really disturb me. They are blowing this way out of proportion.Its gonna follow harrison and maybe taint his career but then they brag on how many points was score in a career high weekend of games ever in the nfl.Now we as fans can't blame these defensive players for not playing the way we are used to them playing because they want to keep their whole paycheck.

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Do you honeslty think that a QB is willing to take a shot like Harrison gave and take a chance of getting knocked out of the game for a 15 yard penalty? Come on. I don't think McCoy had guts to to stay up, he made a bad decision and physically paid the price. I can almost guarantee he won't do that again in the same situation.

The NFL isn't saying he can't go full speed at the QB. They are saying that he can't make H2H contact.

Reading all of the posts on this and other boards, I'm honestly beginning to see why people complain about Steeler fans. If Suh hit Ben like this we would all be screaming bloody murder.

6. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Completely disagree with you. When people hit him i the face, I get pissed. When Ben gets hit on a close one, or had is ankle crushed I usually say, that sucks but it's part of the game. People not voicing their opinion about the changes to the NFL is exactly what's going to help ruin it.

7. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The problem is if Ben was hit like that you know as well as the other Steeler fans there would have been no flag. See Hines Ward helmet to helmet by Ray Lewis and no flag.

8. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm willing to bet that you are in the minority if you wouldn''t want a flag, fine and/or suspension if Ben got cracked like McCoy did.

9. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree that when Ben gets hit like that, I want a flag. The difference is - we often don't get one. There is no better example of a bias against the Steelers than what they call for other QBs and what they call for Ben. He had his NOSE broken last year by a blow to the head - and there was no flag. Just the image of him walking off the field with a crooked nose and seeing no flag on the field made me realize that the league enforces different rules for different teams.

10. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If it was a late hit or a real helmet to helmet hit, I would want a flag. I am totally against fines/suspensions except for real intentional flagrent things. Plus Ben is a big dude and I doubt a LB the size of JH could get a helmet to helmet hit on a similar play, He would have been right in Bens chest, but McCoy is too small and there was incidental face mask contact.

I think it is rediculous that fans support any fines or suspensions at all. I am totally against it for plays that occur on the field. I think the flag and the yardage is penalty enough for nearly everything. Fines for inadvertent things like horse-collars, face masks, hard hits, incedental helmet to helmet hits are ruining the game. And it is a sad state when fans actually support Goodell by wanting this to be part of the game.

I was not for any fines agains Lewis, Suggs, Ngata etc. even when Ben got a broken nose. I was for the flags.

11. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree that a flag should have been thrown when Ben's nose was broken but inconsistent enforcement of the rules doesn't give Harrison immunity. Let's face it, he has had a target on his back since the Browns game last year when he crushed Massaquoi and Cribbs... just like Suh will have a target on his back when he gets back on the field.

I'm surprised that the broken bone in his face and missing playing time as a result didn't make him change the way he tackles. He is risking injury to himself every time he hits with his helmet. He can't help the team standing on the sidelines.

12. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    What is a "real" H2H hit? Deos it have to be with a certain immeasurable force? Maybe they should start putting shock stickers on QB helmets and if they indicate a certain amount of force it is a penalty. (Not what I want, just trying to make a point)

13. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    This is why I love players like Harrison and Troy. They play with reckless abandon to their own bodies while stomping opponents. BUT BUT BUT, I don't want them doing it to where it costs the team in penalty yards. I don't want them to injure themselves, but I appreciate the effort, aggression and hopefully intimidation.

14. ScottChab

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree 100%. I absolutely love players like Polamalu and Harrison but their agressive style of play isn't going to help the team if they are on the sidelines due to an injury or suspension. There is no doubt in my mind that Troy's playing days are numbered if he continues to play the way he is but I thnk it's too late for him to change unless they turn him into a ball hawk like Ed Reed. Harrison's playing days are also numbered if he continues to get flags and fines which lead to suspensions. There is little doubt in my mind that he can adapt but the question is will he?

15. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd like to see this happen also. They need to find another dynamic player like Troy soon though. Prediction, if any player like Troy comes out of college sometime he goes top 5. His example has proven to be so valuable and rare.

16. lersgofor7

lersgofor7 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011

Ben gets hit all the time like that and no flag...guys dive at his feet etc....no flags...its crap that harrison got a game....

17. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Which is pretty much what some Browns fan moron said when he called into a radio show I was listening to. He basically said that this should be a suspension because the Browns have struggled so much and McCoy is the most important part on an already struggling team???? What?? So, because your team bites, defenders shouldn't hit as hard?

:clowns: