1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison, no snaps?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If anyone needs some game speed snaps it's Harrison, yesterday was a missed opportunity.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I agree, he needs a few a game to keep up to speed. Need to get Conner some more work too

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If Harrison is getting snaps this early then that means two probabilities;

1.) T.J. Watt or Bud Dupree have regressed by this point.

And...

2.) Anthony Chickillo is hurt.

More than likely two should Harrison receive snaps but I do not want Harrison to receive any snaps at all this early in the season.

He is the "closer" to our "aces". Use him when needed; November to the very end more than likely. Using him now would be pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes they should keep him fresh now and start working him in after the bye week some.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I bet he gets some work on rats week... He will probably straight up demand snaps for those games.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope he has got his cardio down then ... because if he sits out cold until December he won't be able to just "turn it on" at his age.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    IMG_2058.JPG Like I said before

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    You don't pitch your closer in the second inning... he will see more work as the year progresses. No need to get him too involved just yet. We have really good players in front of him too

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully Harrison understands and accepts his role these days. A lot of older players struggle mentally with a reduced role.

10. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    Saving the beast for third downs in crucial games! He warms continually!

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    First off to I'm a huuuuge! JH fan....my take on it is I agree he could of seen at least a handful of more snaps but I don't think it's a big deal either. Let the young guys eat and get their feet wet early...truth is we're gonna need them all at some point this season. Part of me thinks some of the rationale of James not playing early may be because of the mobility of the first 2QBs we have faced.....when we start to play teams with QBs that like to sit in the pocket we will start to see more of Harrison. Like others have already said Baltimore would be the perfect place .....to unleash the beast.

12. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe they're not saving him to be 'fresh' later in the season.
    Maybe they're not saving him for big games vs Balt and NE
    Maybe they're not saving him.
    Maybe the beast ain't the beast no more.

Maybe the 40 yr old LB, even one in incredibly good shape, lost his back up spot to Anthony Chickillo. It happens.

As Mick Jagger once sang: What a drag it is getting old.

13. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Exactly and thats why he should get some snaps because he cant just turn it on when he is needed.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe you didn't see him push one of the best LTs in the game Joe Thomas into Kisers lap like he was on roller skates in one of the very few snaps he got so far(Cleveland). I don't thnk he's done....I like the fact the young guys are getting the reps but don't count James out yet....

15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If they play it safe with Watt, then I'm sure he'll have a nice rotation with Chick and we can put this to bed. But it looked like Watt practiced today so maybe the groin is doing OK:shrug:

I really don't have a horse in this race. I like that the younger guys are getting a lot of game experience, but then again, I don't want JH92 to be mothballed until late in the year as that doesn't seem conducive to injury prevention/ effectiveness etc.

16. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    SNR insinuated he was not happy with receiving zero snaps against Minn. He was the first dressed and out of the locker room. Of course if he didn't sweat, he needed no shower.

• Like Like x 1