1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harrison Angry

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mgsmooth, Dec 8, 2017.

1. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
  2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We shouldve gotten rid of joey and jerry. Since they have been the lbers coaches...
    Our lber corp has been declining. We had our chance at K.Greene but didnt act on it.
    Also, lakes. We've had a million db's come through this organization and he can't develop one.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    It's hard to believe that Harrison couldn't help with some situational pass rush.
    I guess if he wants to play he's going to have to really kill it in practice.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't blame him. When he did play he got a sack. I thought for sure that was going to be a sign of things to come, but he went right back to the bench. I just don't get why we aren't playing him more, even in just a situational role.

AS for dumping our LB'ers coaches, I'm pretty sure we have a head coach and a DC who can overrule them and tell them to play Harrison. Clearly the decision not to play Harrison starts at the very top. If Tomlin wants Harrison to play, he'd be playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    Good! I want him angry and fired up so when he gets in the games down the stretch he takes it out on the prima ballerinas. Come to think of it, let's wait one more week to get him in there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Count me as those who are curious as to why he hasn't played more. But at the same time, I seriously doubt that he had many other options outside of Pittsburgh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Release the KRACKEN.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This is BRILLIANT! Up to this point I haven't given Porter, Butler and Tomlin nearly enough credit! I want an angry James Harrison chasing quarterbacks all the way to the Super Bowl! :steelflag:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It's disgusting to see one of the all time greatest Steelers players sitting on the bench all season when he can clearly contribute. There has to be some sort of problem between either he and Porter or Tomlin. The way he's been used this season (or lack thereof) is beyond a slap in the face.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I love Deebo!!!!

Honestly, it is what it is. If Deebo plays who sits. Watt?? Deebo doesn't play ST. He's gotten slower so he's less effective dropping into coverage as he once was or as well as our other OLB.

He trains so hard lifting weights gaining muscle mass and power that it hurts his quickness as well as Father Time ...... Right now he's a situational pass rusher used only when the other OLB need a breather.

Cajun

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Problem is that's not even happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

When Watt needed a breather they put Moats or Matakevich in. I don't care if James is 39 or not, He is way better than either of them will ever be.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Nope, tomlin wouldn't touch the conversation. When porter said that he was starting bud and tj and that deebo would be designated hitter

14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Amen

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Harrison would not have played if Jarvis showed an even remote possibility of being a player. Why sit Watt, who has looked good all year?

Activating Harrison only hurts your special teams. Come on look how old he is?!!!!

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I think he doesn't play because he can't cover. Watt has been in coverage a lot and done a great job at it. At this point Harrison can rush the passer and seal the edge.

17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Frankly I think it's stupid we aren't rotating Harrison in 5-10 players per game. There isn't a person in the world except Tomlin apparently that doesn't think Harrison could help us win games if we used him. He's better at stopping the run and rushing the QB than either of our starting OLB's. I get it that we want to give playing time to the young guys so they can get better. I'm not saying start Harrison but we should be using him. The last 2-3 games we've gotten zero pressure from our OLB's and teams are running all over us. Our "great" defense is going backwards and there he sits. I hope we start using him but I suspect we won't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I get not starting James, but not even dressing him? I don't like it.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's gonna play now. Kick some ass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They brought him back because the uncertainty of Watt. Well Watt has exceeded expectations at this point so JH sits. I feel they know they can't put him in coverage situations but not giving him any snaps as a situational pass rusher is starting to wear on me. Still brings a presence that needs to be accounted for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Let Deebo take his anger out on the Patriots.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So he can't cover.....never really could but I could think of quite a few 3rd and long situations where his pass rush could of been used....like the 2 3rd and 16 they converted last week. The pass rush from our OLBs has been weak for at least the last several weeks. We have had to send safeties and slot corners to get pressure and we have been getting burned by it. If there is one thing JH can do its collapse the pocket and make opposing QBs and OL very uncomfortable. I think with the loss of Shaz we can use what he brings to the D when he's on the field which I think is a overlooked intangible.....his presence seems to ratchet the D up a notch or two...........no need to question the logic at this point.........it's time....

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You'd think he would be active this week with Moats moving inside, but I'm still assuming most of the reps for backup outside linebackers will go to Chickillo.

24. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Tomlin has always been in over his head though, he doesn't know how to manage his personnel. Oh well..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He is being held back for some reason but not sure what it is.. He is like that wild dog you just want to unleash. There is not a chance this is the reason but what if they were holding him back to unleash him on Brady? lol . Nahh .. They need inside pressure on Brady and Harrison works from the outside.