1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hard Knocks...

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Watt Wack, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Wow, no wonder the Browns are the worst ever. I think week 1 is a win. They had their WR screaming at coaching staff in a coaches only meeting.

2. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    Unless they are doing a great job of acting, judging by expressions and general tone, Todd Haley is worried. Guys aren't practicing and they have a lot to do to get over the hump etc etc. He is telling Hue Jackson to stop living in fear. Hue gives Haley a Al Davis reference. Interesting stuff.

On another note, I want more Gregg Williams. He is the only reason I am watching Hard Knocks.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Little friction already between haley and HC Hue Jackson, haley doesnt like the way hue runs practice giving healthy players a day off when they need to practice, hue basicly told haley he is the boss and will run practice as he sees fit, so like it..........

5. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hue Jackson should have been fired after last season. Marvin Lewis should have been fired after last season. Mike Tomlin...(just kidding :roflmao:)

6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    now Todd won't let Hue near his wife. he is on the black list lol

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Only in the NFL do you will you see a coach get fired after a 14-2 one loss playoff season. But, see a coach go 1-31 over two seasons and keep his job.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    That would be a blessing Haley's wife is a thing that rhymes with witch.

My cousin basically got banned from Steelers games for life because of her.

9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    what? how so? lol.

wait is he the one who slept with her and flashed pics? I know they are into that lifestyle.

ah thread derailed lol.

11. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I wasn't present at the game or with him. But, it was either a Sunday night or a Monday night football game. Can't even remember who it was against, this was Haley's 1st season as our OC. The play calling was terrible in the 1st half. My cousin and his buddies start bad mouthing Todd Haley. Which as a paying fan I guess that gives them a right. Then all of a sudden Haley's wife, they didn't know Haley's wife was sitting out in the crowd with them. Starts yelling at them, telling them to "shut the f up" etc. "that they don't anything about NFL strategy,etc. if they did they would be a coach etc.' stuff like that. I guess she just went off like a crazy person on them. Then my cousin tells her back ( he had been drinking, but wasn't hammered, at least according to him) " Well, I can see he is good at one thing, picking up a crazy wife."

Then she goes and get security guards, and tells them that my cousin was swearing at her, and throwing beer at her etc. Which wasn't true. He said he did raise his voice and shout at her, but didn't swear, and def. didn't through a beer at her. My cousin, is a loving husband, and has two daughters, he for sure isn't throwing a beer at a woman, even if she is acting insane.

So the guards, yank him out of the game, he goes down into the the tunnels, to some sort of holding area. He called it the Heinz field jail, but it was some room, they took his name etc. then got ejected out of the stadium, I guess the guard taking him down said he was tired of Haley's wife, as I guess this had happened at a previous game with her. But, long story short he ended up being banned from Steelers games. So, he will never be able to have season tickets etc. He could still go but, it have to be some one else's tickets. Not like Heinz checks your ID when you go into a game, and I don't think got facial reg. like Vegas or something.

It really ticked him off, he never even tried to go back the whole time Haley was OC. Not sure if he will try to go back now or not. He had a huge dislike for Haley after that.

It was a pretty crazy story.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Marvin Lewis should have been fired at least five seasons ago, if not more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    damn I was way off base but yea nobody likes haley, even the wife lol

14. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I don't think Todd Haley's Dad even liked him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks for that, Troy. Interesting story. I've heard and read enough about Haley's wife to believe that she's very capable of this kind of behavior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cobalt7

Cobalt7 Active Member

Jul 27, 2018
    Entertaining show that Hard Knocks. And I enjoyed it. But enduring 6 seasons without a Lombardi #7 coming to Pittsburgh, and the Rooney's being OK with that, Mike Tomlin may start believing he's as good a head coach as Hue Jackson. I certainly see the parallels.