1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harbaugh Super Bowl

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Tdot Steeler Fan, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Tdot Steeler Fan

Tdot Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Dear Steelers Fans, incase you haven't figured it out yet I am here to tell you a small secret. The NFL wants and will get a Ravens-49ers SuperBowl. They obviously wanted it last year too but a missed chipshot and costly fumble prevented that. The NFL knows that Ray Lewis retirement swan song is making a ton of money for them, its the sob story everyone wants to know so of course they will fix the Ravens into the SuperBowl, just look at all the bad calls Denver got yesterday. If the Ravens get in, SF gets in automacically as that game will draw tons and tons of cash and interest and it's just what the NFL wants. So Steelers fans when the day comes in 3 weeks what would you rather have? Ray Lewis and the RatBirds win or SF collect their 6th Lombardi?

2. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    GOD I HOPE NOT!:bowdown:
    but just in case there was gong to be an NFL CONSPIRED super bowl i did put money on the Harbaugh Bowl at 55-1 :cool:

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That would be know as the Harbowl .

4. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why wouldn't the NFL want 2 brothers coaching against each other int he Super Bowl? It would make a great headline.

That said, I don't buy into conspiracy theories that they will make it happen. Just likeI denied conspiracy theories when the Steelers won't he Super Bowl in Bettis' hometown his final season.

5. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011

this is ridiculous. there is no consiracy. you actually think that the NFL would rather see the Ravens in the super bowl than to have either Peyton making his triumphant return to the super bowl or Tom Brady with a chance to get his 4th ring?

the average fan could care less about seeing the Harbaughs coaching against each other in a super bowl. the average fan wants Brady, Manning or Rogers. thats the ideal super bowl matchups for the NFL.

as for the bad calls agains the Broncos. not really sure which ones your talking about. maybe the bogus tuck rule that shouldnt even be a rule. or maybe the int at the end of the game that Manning threw or the how about the total defensive break down by the secondary that let a Ravens wr get behind them with 30 seconds left in the game to tie it. oh yeah, those have nothing to do with bad calls.

the Broncos couldnt put the Ravens away and the Ravens deep passing game has been clicking of late. thats why the Ravens won. personally i would much rather see the Ravens or the Texans in the super bowl than to have to watch Brady with a chance to win his 4th and catch Bradshaw.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Wow... why even bother being a fan of football if you think that games are fixed? Besides, everyone knows that games are fixed in favor of the Pats, so you don't have to worry about the Ravens getting in :)

7. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    THE WHINY BI#$!Y BOWL

8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure don't want to hear about them and Ray for 2 weeks and see their parents constantly during the game.

Texan Seattle would do the least damage.
    But Texans can't beat either Ravens or Pats.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I posted somthing simular to this orignal post in a diff thread but deleted it when i saw this one. As far as someone saying no one wants to see a bro on bro SB I DISAGREE,the rateings would go thru the roof for a SB like that. I just hope it never happens

10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    bro on bro bowl :lolol:
    could you imagine the commercials

11. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I would rather see that instead of any super bowl that includes T. Brady. They are a good team but I can't stand them, hopefully JJ Watt smashes Brady early on so he begins to make a lot of mistakes but I doubt that will happen, Houston didn't look good late in the season and Shaub is really over rated.

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I can see a Hairbowl happening.

It will be NFL spoiled brat against the other NFL spoiled brat. At the toss of the coin both of them will start bellyaching for a flag to be thrown pointing up at the replay screen that Ray, Thuggs, or Flacco spit in the direction of Kapernick and then the other spoiled brat starts flapping his fingers in a you're all talk manner to said suspect. By fourth quarter most of the starters will be in the locker room from all of the chop blocks and knees being blown. The game will be decided on the ever increasing PI call that the QB, WR and coach are screaming for.

SF Hairball 23
    Baltimore Hairball 24 - Just because Ray Ray is retiring.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    After what I saw from Kapernick last night, he'd destroy the Ravens D. I think Seattle is the only one with a good enough defense to beat SF at this point.

14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I agree, Kapernick had clay matthews so confused with the read option he was running in circles looking for who had the ball, with the low IQ on the rats D forget it...

15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am not a fan of either but they're both doing excellent jobs this season.

16. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Horrible scenario. If that's the case, I'd be forced to root for the Ravens...don't want SF to get SB#6. SF vs NE is the worst scenario, either SF ties us in rings or Brady ties Bradshaw. Guess I gotta get over this...someone wins every year and we're bound to get caught. C'mon Texans!!

17. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, I see no benefit for the NFL having a Harbaugh Bowl over a 49ers-Pats Super Bowl. That's the matchup the media and Vegas wants.

18. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    So what you are saying is that you think someone in the NFL will fix a game so they get good ratings for the SB. So someone is condoning cheating via ref calls, taping or whatever. We have a double edge swore here. Let's all forget about the NE tapes on the Jets. It never happened. What a piss poor way of thinking.

19. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My worst nightmare is Baltimore vs. SF. I do not want SF to tie us in SB wins. And Baltimore...well, they just suck. I really don't know what I'd do. I just need New England to take out Baltimore and I need Atlanta to take out SF.

Go ATL! All the way!

20. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The game could be between 2 high school teams and it would draw the ratings and tons of cash. Your theory doesn't fly.

21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Another non Steelers / Ravens thread in the Steelers talk section, very interesting.

22. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You know some folks said that about us in 2005 and Jerome.

23. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Harbaugh vs Harbaugh Super Bowl = Thank GOD hockey is back!! I would have no interest in watching that at all.

24. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Fixed it for you. ;)

25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nevermind, not necessary