1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Chuck Noll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jan 5, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Good idea diehard. I'll have to snap a pic of it and give it a shot. Thanks!

2. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Happy Birthday Ground Chuck!! ....Three yards and a cloud of dust. :towel: God I miss those days!!

3. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Happy Birthday Mr. Knoll. My mother had that dementia and that is the way it starts out, good days and bad days but unfortunately it keeps getting worse. The golden years, my mother-in-law used to tell me when she was 86 don't believe in the golden years they are nothing but rust.

4. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Well diehard it only took me about 30 minutes to figure out how to resize the photo so I could use it for a new avatar but somehow I got lucky and it worked :lolol:

5. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is a very cool avatar pic

6. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks Truckin ! I've got a number of autographed player photos but that one of Chuck and Bill is my favorite. Years ago the wife ordered it for me for Xmas from the Steelers web site. One of her finer moments I must say :lolol:

7. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    My brother has a helmet autographed by both Noll and Cowher. He's working on getting Tomlin's signature on it too. Wouldn't it be cool to get a photo of Noll, Cowher AND Tomlin together before Noll can't make any public appearances anymore. I'd probably pay big bucks for something like that.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nice! :applaud: :towel:

9. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    A couple of Chuck Noll memories. I loved it when he clowned around with the cameraman at the end of the first half of Super Bowl XIV. The cameraman was backpedaling while Noll was jogging into the clubhouse keeping his camera focused on Noll. Noll saw him and charged at him full steam ahead just goofing off. The Steelers were behind at the half but when I saw how loose Noll was, I knew we had the Rams exactly where we wanted them. The other memory is when he shook Jerry Glanville's hand after a game in which the Oilers took several cheap shots at Steeler players and told him exactly what he thought about their techniques. Loved it. He was definitely one of my heroes growing up.

10. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    ha! i was at that show in chantilly. i go to most of the shows they do there. i got noll to sign a 16x20 photo of him with the four super bowl trophies, a mini-helmet, my 'hof helmet' signed by bradshaw, franco, swann, stallworth, lambert, ham, greene, blount (and now noll) on the logo side and rod woodson on the non-logo side, and my '70s helmet signed by all of those guys plus about twenty other guys (rocky, L.C., shell, l brown, moon mullins, andy russell, wagner, jt thomas, etc, etc).

that's a great pic you took of noll becuase he did not look good. his spirits were great and he was nice as heck but, man, he just didn't look healthy at all.

for you autograph collectors, http://www.csashows.com/ puts on some great shows in chantilly,va and edison,nj. i can't believe it, but they've actually got big ben committed to the march 30/april 1 show in chantilly. i'll definitely be making the trip for that. i'd imagine his sig is going to be in the bettis range of $200+ per autograph though.