1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Birthday Chuck Noll

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Jan 5, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Happy 80th birthday, Coach! You were one of my idols growing up. I hope you have many more happy and healthy birthdays ahead of you. :flag:

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Happy Birthday Emporer Chaz!

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Thank you for posting this. I've heard that old Chuck suffers from dementia and doesn't even remember his Steeler days - but we sure remember HIM! To the man who turned it all around and began a 40-year dynasty of Steeler dominance! Happy Birthday, Mr. Noll.

:flag: :herewego!: :flag: :herewego!:

4. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Anyone know how to post photos on here? I have a recent picture of the Emperor I thought I would post.

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow I didn't know. That's really sad to hear. A happy birthday shout out to the man who gave us years of great Steeler football :herewego: :herewego!:

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Check this thread out~ viewtopic.php?f=6&t=179
    I describe how to do it in my response there. Let me know if you still need help getting the picture posted.

7. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Here we go - Noll made an appearance last July. Happy Birthday Emperor Chaz!

Attached Files:

• Noll.jpg
      Noll.jpg
      File size:
      71.8 KB
      Views:
  8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Happy Birthday Coach Noll!!!!!!

I didn't realize he was 80. Man time sure does go by fast. Sad to hear he's having mental issues. Isn't he still part of the Steelers Org. in some capicity?

Cajun-

9. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Happy Birthday Mr. Noll !!!
    Hope you have many more !!!

10. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Best Birthday wishes to Coach Noll. And wishes for many more.

11. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Bumpin' it up for the Emperor!

12. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    That is sad. I remember seeing him listed as an adviser or consultant on the Steelers main site before, and wondered as to what real capacity that was.

13. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    He still has an "official" or ceremonial title as an advisor to the organization, but I read somewhere that he hasn't had any contact with the organization in quite a number of years. I think his only communication with the Steelers and the media is through his wife. I'm not sure how they got him to appear at the above convention, but I hope I hear about the next one in advance. I'd definitely love to go.

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a very nice 8x10 photo of Noll & Cowher standing side by side. It's autographed by both coaches. As you'd imagine it's one of my most prized Steeler possessions :thumbs_up:

15. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
  16. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I don't about the dementia or not, just have been told by someone who has done autograph signings with him that he has good days and bad days. His real problem are more physical than mental, he has severe back problems apparently.

He remembered his old teammate and my friend Jim Allen when I asked him to sign this photo for him a couple years ago- it was taken at the end of Super Bowl X and Jimmy is carrying him off the field:

[​IMG]

17. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Happy Birthday Chuck Noll. You are the man who started the dynasty.Since your hiring in 1969,You changed the history and image of the Pittsburgh Steelers.As a kid,I looked up to you and thought you were the best coach in the NFL.I still think that today. Happy Birthday :yeehaw:

18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    happy birthday big guy thanks for the great memories

19. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    That's some fantastic stuff right there. Thanks for sharing.

20. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That pic of Noll & Cowher would make an awesome avatar (although your Mean Joe is pretty nice too!) :thumbs_up:

21. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Happy Birthday wishes to the man who started us on the path to ruling the NFL, for over 4 decades!
    Hard to believe he is 80, and I will be half his age this summer...
    Time does fly, when you`re having fun, and your favorite team is winning Lombardis, or at least making the playoffs for most of your life!!!
    Thank God I`m a Steeler fan, and thank God for the Emperor!!!
    Here`s to ya, Chaz!!! :drinks: :guiness: :steelersrock: :shots: :herewego!:

22. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I think the mental issues are "good-day/bad-day" as well. There was an article in the Cleveland "Plain Dealer" of all places, about a year ago that said there are days when he really follows what's going on with the Steelers and days when he doesn't even know that he coached them. So, I don't think it is constant, but it is a deteriorating condition.

23. punkneater

punkneater Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2011
    Without a doubt! Happy Birthday coach!

24. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The "Golden Years" can really suck sometimes. My Mother is turning 85 in a couple of weeks and has been showing increasing signs of Alzheimer for about a year now. Enjoy the time you have with them, as it can be gone before you know it.

25. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Happy B-day coach. Mine is on Monday. Sucks that he is losing it. Very sad to know the greatest coach in Steeler history can't remember what he started. :herewego: