1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Happy Anniversary

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    There are different kinds of rebuilds - I don't mean razing it to the ground, just moving on from Ben and other older and/or underperforming players, basically anyone who isn't part of the next Super Bowl run.

You get the right QB, rebuilds can happen in short order. I fear the Steelers are going to keep trying to patch things up with duct tape and bailing wire for the foreseeable future and never be a true contender, all because they're deathly afraid of a losing season.

2. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    No defensive score when 29 points were scored against the Bear's. 2 TD catches by Muth, a TD run by Harris and 3 FG's by Boswell. The only non offensive TD scored this year was the blocked punt against the Bills. However you are correct the offense needs to improve during this tough home stretch of the season.

• Like Like x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's the magic number though 8 wins keeps the fans engaged, keeps the season ticket holders happy, sells the PSL, and luxury suites. If they don't keep that revenue stream working you can't afford middle tier free agents.

• Like Like x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow. You are nostrodumbass( or however you spell it).
    I bet 30 other teams have a collapse also. I will even bet only one will be happy with the finality of the season. LoL

5. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    So it doesn't matter that the offense is ranked 26th and scores less than 20 more than it scores more than 20 for a year because after all, only one team can win the Super Bowl?

I'm sure that's what they're saying on the South Side in the front office.

6. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I think this franchise can preserve fan and media engagement despite a sub-.500 season. If anything, I think that anomaly would drive interest.