1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Halftime Adjustments

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 4EvrH8O'donnel, Nov 22, 2011.

1. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    How would you rate the Steelers halftime adjustments for this season so far?

I watched the MNF KC/NE game and knew that although KC was only trailing by 7 that they would get stompped in the 2nd half. The female reporter said that the coaches for KC and the players were pumped up that they were only down by 7 and were determined to make a game of it. Final score NE 34 - KC -3. Yea, some game they made of it. Should've just drove straight to the airport instead of taking a whooping. I hate Belicheat and NE but they always make very good halftime adjustments.
    The Steelers on the other hand I would give a 5 on a scale of 1-10.
    They always seem to follow the same game plan whether it is working or not and continue with that plan as if an option B or C is not even drawn up.
    Comments/Thoughts?
    What gives?
    I would love to see our team come out and crush an opponent when things aren't going so good for 2 quarters. Our team always seems to keep the other team in it even when being ahead by two td's. It's frustrating and nerve racking to say the least.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I agree it would be nice to extend the leads instead of barely hanging onto them...But I will take a W anyway I can get it

3. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think this is the weakest part of our game. We do great in the first quarter, carving up opponents with good game planning. My guess is that opponents adjust, and then we don't adjust well to their adjustments - we keep doing the same thing. Or we adapt and it is ineffective. Very frustrating with the talent we have to be stifled in the later stages of games.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Weakest part of Mike Tomlins coaching, that and not firing BA 2years ago.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We play steeler ball and they will be done.We will have our way and then after halftime they will make adjustments and make a game out of it and we will have to hang on.Its the samething every game.

6. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Actually since the Cheatriots have had to play by the rules they do not do as well with halftime adjustments. Look at the stats and watch them in the playoffs.
    They were playing a bad KC team with a bad QB. Just matter of time untill they started to win by a lot. The Chiefs were not going to score many points.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yup, Patriots get a lot of credit for halftime adjustments that hasn't been justified since spygate. Probably coincidence, of course...

I also think halftime adjustments happen for us, but there's a tendency for a certain coordinator to overthink the adjustments in terms of what the opposition are going to expect and do.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We're allowed to make adjustments at halftime? Hmmmm. Does our coaching staff know about this?