1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haley is the new OC according to Chris Mortenson on twitter

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jftwist, Feb 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Re: Haley is the new OC according to Chris Mortenson on twit

Let's just say this, I hope he's wrong about Haley. A bad attitude can destroy a locker room.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i'm not thrilled about him at all, but it is what it is now. :cool:

3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

Nothing to do with edwards? Are you serious or do you spout off without understanding the facts?

The last 3 years the chiefs record under Dick vermeil was 03'/13-3.. 04'/7-9 ... 05'/ 10-6.. not bad then edwards took over in 06 and ran the team into the ground for three years, long enough to effect long term damage. 06'/9-7... 07'/4-12.. then 08'/2-14.. Todd took over in 09' and to say what he had to deal with on this team had nothing to do with Edwards is absolutely absurd, one of the dumbest statements I've heard this year.

Todd took the team to a 09' record of 4-12 then 10' was 10-6 and he won the afc west. His GM resigned and pioli came in and in midseason was fired in 11' with a 5-8 record.

Todd spent three years on Parcell staff with the giants and then three years again with Parcells with the cowboys. We know what his record was like in AZ when he almost guided that offense to a SB victory over us.

Cajun-

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

So they drafted no one for 3 years? Stop being a putz. You sound like one of those clowns that blames everyone else for your problems. And 7-9 and 10-6 are hardly records to thump your chest about when Edwards took over for Vermeil. And look what you wrote, Haley won the division at 10 - 6, ooooh, what a great division, bunch of world beaters, somebody has to win that **** division, talk about dumb statements. I'll trade insults all day long with you if you want or you can stop being a d**k and have a grown up discussion with someone who just happened to voice a different opinion then yours.

5. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Some of you people really have serious issues, you got jokes. Anybody is better then Bruce Arians.

Can we just give the guy a chance. I like the hire. Seems like Tomlin did his homework. I think it will work.

6. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

I said that ficthner would not get the job. It was because of his relationship with Ben. It seems that most of the fan base know more then all these so called sports writers and media people. Common sense would tell you that Ficthner was not going to get the job. If he had a chance, Tomlin would have named him right away. Everyday that passed it was known that he wasn't going to get the job. Just think about this, Rothlisberger took Ficthner and his wife to the pro bowl with him. I feel it was not out of respect, but because they were friends. Also, for Christ sakes, Ficthner was Bens QB coach. That was not a good receipt for him to become the new OC.

Tomlin knew the deal. Now Tomlin will have control of Ben with Haley as OC. This is the best possible thing that could have happened.

7. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Uhhhhh, I liked the first version better. Did you really have serious doubts whether it was appropriate or did you get yelled at for it? Either way, please put it back to the way it was.

P.S. He looks better in the Steelers hat!

8. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Jack, I made this same statement in my previous post about most of the sports writers and media people don't know jack. The people on the board are more in tune to whats going on then those people.

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Calm down dog. It was a joke. I'm as glad as you are that BA is gone. I support the hire. I'm looking forward to the accountability that I believe Haley will bring.

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Seriously? Can't even take a day of ribbing on the new OC but subjected this board to years of FBAI threads? You sent a river of that ****! :lolol:

We have a loooong way to the season starts, If ya can dish it out ya gotta take it :hehehe:

11. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011

I like the first version better too. But I decided I should probably change it. The last thing I ever want to do is ruffle feathers. I thought it was funny, and rather innocuous, but not everyone may see it that way.

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

I like the first version better too. But I decided I should probably change it. The last thing I ever want to do is ruffle feathers. I thought it was funny, and rather innocuous, but not everyone may see it that way.[/quote:34xd1poz]

Makes me laugh every time I see that, I would love to know what he was reacting too, he looks like a total doofus!

13. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Jeez, what is your problem? You make a living around here making outrageous statements for the sake of provoking. I mean, I know you didn't say William Gay was our MVP, but you certainly made your case for him! And his statement wasn't even that bad. Of course there's some stuff left over from the previous coach. There always is. But that's a small portion of it, as proven by any number of team turnarounds in history, either positive or negative.

Let me get this straight: Todd Haley was a victim of Herman Edwards for three years. Then how come Herman Edwards didn't coast off of Dick Vermeil? Isn't there a three year buffer? He ran that team right into the ground, as you said. Can coaches only influence a team in one direction? Oh, wait, you covered that with the "long term damage." I see. Man, if I could have any coaching job I'd want to be the coach of the Colts, because their team is so messed up right now I'd probably get FIVE years before it started being my fault. What a sweet gig!

I think the problem with Haley (and I don't hate the hire, I'm in wait and see mode) is that he had talent on every level of that team and they still bombed. Yes, he had some bad injuries this year, but they got spanked repeatedly like no team ever should. The Steelers have had seasons where the team has been decimated, but even in those circumstances anything less than a playoff appearance can be considered a poor performance, and I can't remember us ever being outscored 10-89 in two games, and that was before the worst injuries (I think the only one before the first game was Moeaki, who Haley decided to play all the way through the final preseason game -- well, as far as he could make it anyway). They also lost by 30 or so against Miami. I realize he won 4 games as well, but I'm surprised anyone is even making the claim that this last season had anything to do with Herm Edwards, let alone the claim that it didn't is one of the dumbest things said all year.

I don't know why I'm trying logic with you, almighty one. I know the only real way to get through to you is to say a PG swear word like ass or penis. WWJD? Would he belittle another poster for simply disagreeing with him? Or would he also spout off without understanding the facts? Either way, he probably didn't know how to spell, so I'm sure you'd get along. You are one of the dumbest people I have ever had the misfortune of talking to.

14. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011

Not to try to get in on the argument here...but just wanted to clarify something. Haley didnt have a GM resign and then Pioli came in. Pioli came in during the early part of 2009 and was the one who hired Haley. Just FYI.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011

Yeah, his response was off the wall, he seems very insecure. :cry:

16. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I like the first version better too. But I decided I should probably change it. The last thing I ever want to do is ruffle feathers. I thought it was funny, and rather innocuous, but not everyone may see it that way.[/quote:2fy98vgq]

So you got yelled at, huh?

17. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

LOL. No.

IDK if I would have been. I might have. I decided to preempt any scolding. :)

18. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

Does anyone know what he was actually looking at when he did that? I can't even imagine...

19. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

No idea. But those facial expressions are priceless.

If I had the know how, I'd make my own GIF of it. It would start with a black screen and text saying "Hey, Todd, the Steelers just got rid of BA," followed by his "Whoa" face...

Then another screen saying "Do you want the job?" Followed by his little kid, "Oh goodie!" jumping up and down. :roflmao:

20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

A wise choice. Sister Mary Pat was coming for ya, and the sting of her ruler is brutal...

[​IMG]

21. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

:roflmao: That brings back some scars....er, I mean... memories.

22. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

So they drafted no one for 3 years? Stop being a putz. You sound like one of those clowns that blames everyone else for your problems. And 7-9 and 10-6 are hardly records to thump your chest about when Edwards took over for Vermeil. And look what you wrote, Haley won the division at 10 - 6, ooooh, what a great division, bunch of world beaters, somebody has to win that s**t division, talk about dumb statements. I'll trade insults all day long with you if you want or you can stop being a d*ck and have a grown up discussion with someone who just happened to voice a different opinion then yours.[/quote:1cr88xii]

Not interested in trading insults by way of repeated name calling or using vulgar language. I'll leave that to you. Your statement remains absurd if it is true you think it means nothing to inherit a sorry poor performing team from a sorry coach and in two years returned them to a winning record and the playoffs. Todd must have done something right was point that was obviously over your head.

I just posted why I liked the Haley hire. You're the one who quoted me with statements my 13 yr old knows better to make. Then you get your panties in a wad over my response to that with personal attacks. I like grown up discussions but I need to find a grown up first. Block me, stop wasting your time conversing with me.

Cajun-

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

I just have to laugh that two guys that I've traded barbs with separately now duking it out with each other. Makes me realize what a douche I can be. Hahaha.

24. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

Successful troll is successful?

(putting on mod pants)

Don't make me separate you guys. If you can't frame an argument without resorting to insults, then keep it to yourself. Rule #1 of arguing: the person who resorts to mocks and insults is incapable of winning through wit and superior position. It's OK to agree to disagree. You're grown men. Act like it.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011

Let's avoid name calling folks, and keep the discourse civilized. We're all fans of the same team. :thumbs_up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.