1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haha Bengals fans

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Dec 8, 2017.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    So over on one of the Bengals sites they were talking about how they have 8 or 9 starters out after last weeks game. A few of their fans want the Bengals to leave the north. Hahahah they literally want to run away from the Steelers at this point.

• Like Like x 4
  2. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    In all seriousness, AFC North football is the best division. Only thing that actually resembles how football should still be played. Love the physicality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    In reality.. Buffalo should be North.. Baltimore should be East.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is true. But Ravens wouldn't be where they are today without the Steelers. Steelers made the Ravens who they are. The Ravens were created in the Steelers image. Ravens would be finesse-team fodder for Patriots like Dolphins and Jets, had they been assigned to the AFC East in '02.

"What would your world be, without me?" --Doom to Conan

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Correction: the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets should be in the NCAA Division III.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I remember a previous post about this. I think Ravens would be in the East and Colts would replace them in the North. At the time, Peyton Manning was playing and Colts were top contender giving us replacement rival. Dolphins booted to South. Balt/NE would be good rivalry.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Brady wouldn’t still be playing and they’d not have the SB titles if they had Baltimore to play twice a year.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Disagree. Ravens would've been a finesse team, adapted to Patriots... and spent more money on offense than Defense. Brady would've owned them just like he does Bills, Jets and Dolphins. Ravens should thank the Steelers for their two Lombardis. The Steelers were, are and will be the benchmark. Steelers made the Ravens hardcore and a force to be reckoned with.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. vlad582

Jan 12, 2017
    Yeah, Baltimore always gives cheas a hard time and that would be a great rivalry. Baltimore - Pittsburgh rivalry now marquee rivalry for NFL so Ravens are going nowhere. Realistically Buffalo would make most sense geographically being in the north and Baltimore in the East but NFL is in it for ratings not for geographic accuracy in divisions. If that wasn't the case the Cowboys would be playing in the NFC south or west but they don't want to take away there rivalries with the Giants, Redskins, and Eagles.

10. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    If our three division rivals were Bills, Browns, Bungles, we would have it as easy as NE. They could call them, "The Three No-Bowls."

11. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    The Killed B’s

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Not sure any division with the Browns in it can be considered the best. Seriously, the NFL needs to step in at some point and stop the bleeding with that mess.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Move them to LA and let them share the soccer stadium with the Chargers! Between the two of them, maybe they could sell out that 26000(?) seat stadium!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Ah, no. Ray Lewis talked about it a few years ago when he was asked why the Ravens play the Pats so well. It is because they knew how to play Brady and had the personal. They knew Brady couldn't run or move so they could control the Pats easier. The reason why they always had issues with the Steelers was #1 Big Ben because when the play busted, the Ravens never knew what to do and #2, Troy was a wild card in the same way where they never knew where he was coming from.

The Bengals may be a bunch of dildos but they are a few plays from beating the Steelers in more than a few games. If the Pats had to deal with the Bengals and Ravens 4 times a year and then maybe 5 if you count the playoffs, maybe brady doesnt make it to the playoffs in such good shape. It does matter. It matters a lot.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. vlad582

Jan 12, 2017
    Yes, this is really why they have a lot of success too. That division is like being gifted 6 games a year. That's a huge handicap. On top of that, they are really soft teams that just let the pats roll over them without a fight. They don't even play physical except a few years when the Jets had a decent defense.

Say what you will about the Browns and the Bengals, they are a mess bit they always play hard and come in physical. We always seem to lose a player or two when we play them. If it wasn't for the Bengals knocking AB out of the playoffs and Burfict injuring Bell's knee a couple years ago, no question we beat the Broncos and win another super bowl.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    They already had the making of a solid defense going into their first season.

They would have drafted Ray Lewis anyway and the coaching staff wouldn't have been any different.

They were basically the Browns, who weren't hot garbage at that point and they already had an identity.

17. BigBensBigBong

Dec 14, 2014
    I see Burfict is out with a concussion. I wonder how that happened? LOL.

18. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Actually Ohio is the only state with two teams in the same conference. The Bengals or Browns really belong in the NFC.

19. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    What? Bills, Jets - NY; Dolphins, Jaguars - FL; Raiders, Chargers - CA; 49ers, Rams - also CA

• Like Like x 1
  20. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Right Florida and New York have 3 teams but have 2 AFC and 1 NFC teams. California with 4 has 2 and 2. Let me rephrase that to say Ohio is the only state with 2 or more teams where both the AFC and NFC aren't represented.

21. quark12000

Dec 27, 2015
    Okay, that's not what you said at all, but okay. So what is your point?

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    My point is that one of the teams in Ohio should be in the NFC

23. quark12000

Dec 27, 2015
  24. DukeDukeDaDaDa

Sep 24, 2017
    Eh why not? Ohio could never have an Ohio Super Bowl the way it is now. Well there are two other reasons lol (Browns, Bengals suck) but you know what I mean.

25. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    An Ohio Superbowl!?? I'm pretty sure that's mentioned in Revelatons somewhere!