1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Haden says he was sore after practicing today

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Dec 13, 2017.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  2. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I wouldn’t rush him back even though this is such a big game.

We need him to be 100% for the playoffs

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    There is able to practice and ready to play. He may be better than the others, but coming back from injury, he may not be at his best. If that is the case, I agree, hold him out. Now, if he fully practices and can chase our receivers around the practice field, maybe he'll be good to go. These decisions we make would be so much easier if Tomlin would just get on here and tell us what's up. I'm sure we would keep it from the media.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Yeah, I think it's to be expected that his leg would be sore. But if comes down to a matter of pain tolerance, then I expect he'll play. This is probably the biggest game of his professional career. I would think the pain would have to be awfully bad for him to miss this opportunity

5. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    I doubt he plays this week but boy do we need him to try. Doesn’t matter if he reinjuries himself because our odds of beating the Pats in New England are .03% at least in the burgh we would have a fighting shot. Without Haden this week vs Brady we will have to score 60 because I don’t think we could stop them 1 time.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Im conflicted as to whether or not he should play! We need him, but is it worth the risk! Even if we lose this game, having him for the playoff run is more important! We will more than likely face NE in the playoffs, and having Haden healthy at that time is of the utmost importance!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I would not rush him back. 4 weeks from now much more important than right now, even though this is a big game; it's not do or die.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I agree with the sit him until 100% sentiment. I would rather not have Haden back this Sunday running around 75%, playoffs are more important.

Additionally, I don't want Butler letting any new defensive adjustments out of the bag until playoff time. If Haden is in there, then maybe Butler would feel more comfortable rolling out some more man coverage schemes, blitz packages, etc. I would rather we play the same defense we have been playing up until now. Save all the fireworks for a possible playoff meeting. If Butler breaks out any new toys now and we win, that will give them all the more time to adjust if we face them again in January. Hard enough beating them once, but twice in a couple weeks would be a huge task.

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He has to practice and get in game shape before he can
    Play. Right now, it is just one day.

10. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I see where you're coming from, but I don't mind if they pull out all the stops Sunday. Win this one and you get the 1-seed. Offense plays much better at home so it'd be nice to see two games in Heinz.

Plus I think there's a chance NE can be beaten before they ever get back here. Jags, Chiefs, and even Ravens could knock them out.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a non weight bearing bone, so him playing on it isn't an issue. Him getting hit and re-injuring it could be an issue if the bone isn't healed enough. Only the medical staff will know if it's healed enough. If the doctors say the bone is healed, he needs to play. This isn't a soft tissue injury that is easily re-injured, it's a bone that's either healed or its not. Once it's healed, it's as strong or stronger than before.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It sounds like you almost want to give this game away in order to give us a better chance if/when we meet the Pats in the playoffs. The Pats have a .837 winning percentage at home since Gillette opened. That includes playoffs. Ben, like a lot of QB's, is quite a bit better at home than on the road. Combine those two facts and you end up with a game that we don't have a very good chance at winning.

You play to win the games...every week. You don't half ass it this week in order to try to surprise them a month down the road. If we win this week, we have a better chance at winning if we meet them in the playoffs. It's not the other way around.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Nah, that is expected. He hasn’t done anything like this on it in a while.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If you wait till he's 100% we might not see him for a while. I'm confident when the doctor says he's good to go.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    wouldn't the bone just break again?

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Looks like another one of these patriots fans snuck in here.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I certainly dont want them to lose Sunday, hope we smash them but the silver lining for me will be not having to beat NE twice in a row.

How many teams have done that? Zero I think.

But you have to play to win Sunday, theres no guarantee you even meet them again in the playoffs. We could lose first or they could, they just lost to Miami.

18. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If the Steelers win on Sunday, there's a chance the Patriots don't even make it to the AFC Championship game.

If the Steelers win the divisional round game and make the AFCC as a #1 seed... it could very well be: Chargers vs. Steelers... or Jaguars vs. Steelers.

19. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    zero chance he's playing this week and next week even

20. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Insider tip here, and take it from me I am in the know: All of the Steeler's players are questionable for Sunday's game. There is speculation we will be holding open try-outs Saturday, or making some players play both ways. With the #1 seed at stake, we are taking no chances!

Signed- not a Sally the Steeler fan

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    In all seriousness, I was thinking how interesting it would be to see Watt cover Gronk all game. Watt looks good in coverage, but I have never seen him be assigned that kind of duty. Interesting to think about anyhow!

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It's easy to get confused lately. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    will allen see the field? :cool:

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Lol

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No he retired. Heard him on the radio the other day.

• Like Like x 1