1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gut instinct

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Ender, Mar 3, 2015.

1. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    depends who falls .. if a top ot is there ??? e. fisher a. peat lael collins

2. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    This is what I keep landing on as well. Not necessarily what I want to happen, but what I think will. Collins is gonna fall, and theoretically be good value at a definite need position,and they'll grab him. I can see it in my mind like it already happened.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    do we need another SS? Mitchell, Thomas are here already. I hope that's not our pick.:cool:

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Not necessarily, but I think we are looking at him as a FS. He is very capable of playing there, and would probably start immediately. If the rumor of possibly moving Mitchell to SS is true, then this has to be the case right? Also if it's true, it speaks volumes about the FO and the coaching staff's confidence in Thomas' ability to start at SS.

I think Collins is one of the more sure fire prospects to become a good NFL player, so I'd be pretty happy with the pick.

5. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is where I am leaning as well.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    we definitely will have to disagree on his ball skills as a free safety. me and just about every other person that looks at this kid and has watched him play. he's all about the strong safety position. he doesn't have that ball hawking game that will transfer to FS in the NFL. in the box type safety from everything I have ever watched on him. we will have to agree to disagree my friend.:smiley1::cool:

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Disagree?!? I'm always right about everything, how can you disagree! Hahaha

Fair enough tho Mac... I don't even know if the steelers are into him or not, he just looks like the type of player that fits the steelers mold. Reminds me a ton of Ryan Clark (but better). Even as a SS I'd take the kid in a heart beat. He'd start for us there too in 2015.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's all good SG. if we needed a SS, I would definitely consider him, but we got Mitchell which was supposed to be a free safety and he's more of a strong safety. MT has said he's even considering switching him this year. I said that last year. that's how he plays. then we have shark which I think could play some FS but they seem dead set on him at SS. that would give us 3 SS's when we really need a ball hawking guy for a FS. this is my reasoning. we need somebody with good ball skills and a lot of range back there to help out. oh and a good tackler. eric rowe, Anthony harris, cedric Thompson, deshazor Everett, kurtis Drummond, are a few that come to mind. rowe and Thompson have much better speed. I know rowes name has come up.:cool:

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if landon collins is so good at ss he will beoff the board before our pick , i agree with mac we ned a ball hawk with range a pure fs but that can tackle .
    on a side note i'm little surprised almost evry mock i see around gregory is still pick around 10 even with the drug problem ...

10. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't see Mitchell as a Strong Safety.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  12. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thanks for sharing those photos, Freak, it's always interesting to me to see the behind the scenes stuff like that.

13. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i become more active near the draft ... there is our future in play ....ahaha:thumbs_up:

14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I would rather they draft Collins not Hunter from LSU, Collins has good size for a CB.

15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I'm having a hard time gauging when Hunter will go. He's really raw from what I read but his measurables have a lot of people excited about him.

(6-5 1/4, 251) really long
    4.57(40)
    37" vertical
    10' 10" broad
    4.47 3 short shuttle
    6.95 3 cone

Those are really impressive numbers.

I hear between 1-3 round. Seems like a bit of a project though. I'm just not sure how I feel about him.

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Steelers certainly like the LSU ball players,
    or the NO area ball player. Would anybody know their scout for the deep south?

17. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm going with "Other", they always seem to pull a surprise name out of the hat..... so let's go Punter in the 1st.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Tomlin already let the cat out of the bag. We're drafting McCutchen from the Pirates.