1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Guess the Steelers record next season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Arch Stanton, Jan 19, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    The fact is they were a much better team that their seed....Their only big upset in that playoffs game was vs colts....They were favorite in the wild card round and in the super bowl...Only underdog by 3 points in Denver where this is so hard to win in the playoffs...Just ask Brady and the pats about that

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again for the people in back.....they were the last seed in the playoffs......Yes, or No???
    And they were not the underdogs in Indy when I made My bet.

3. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    yes they were the last seed but who care.It was not a 9-7 team with so many holes in that team.

And they were underdog by like 8 points in Indy too

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So You are arguing to argue??? Let's see how this all got started.....
    You said the standard is the last seed......correct???
    Yes, or No???
    I said We won a SB as a last seed.....correct???
    Yes, or No???
    So where is the lie, and why are You arguing????

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  6. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    I mean typically, a low playoff seed is not great or the fourth seed when your division is very weak like the Seahawks in 2010 or Redskins in 2020, etc... Of course we always see exceptions.I mean how many time we saw a 6th seed finish 11-5 in the NFL? it's very rare...We saw this in 2008 with the ravens in 2010 with the jets and 2020 with the browns, but it's still very rare.. It happens sometimes you are much better or much worse than your seed

I'm not always going to say all the details every time I make a comment...it's just that it's complicated for you to understand very simple things....

7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    JHC!!!!!
    Why are You a f**king fan???
    We make the playoffs.....You= Oh we are the last seed.
    We win the division....You= Oh other teams had injuries.
    We go 11-0.....You = Oh the worst team ever.
    We go 5-1 in the division last year.....You = they had injuries......all the while....in each one of these .....We had injuries, but somehow this only works for other teams.
    If You gave the Steelers , and their Co.....half the excuses You give that punk a$$ Lame R Jackson....You still wouldn't sound like a fan.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Probably the Ravens again, led by Mr. Regular Season himself.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    We’re going to be in the mix in the divisional race. As long as Wilson stays healthy, not to mention TJ, i like our chances to make some noise, maybe close to taking the division or at least a WC birth. I just like the parts we’ve added around a proven vet with something left in the tank

• Like Like x 1
  10. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    Yeah but it will depend a lot on if Wilson has enough left in the tank

11. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    you know Wilson proponents point to his 26 TD’s and 8 ints. But i’ve heard alot of those TD’s came as stat padding or when the game was already lost. So i admit, i dont know the full story of what Wilson really has left.

12. Steelersfan43

Aug 10, 2016
    One of the reasons he had a good TD-INT ratio was because the Broncos had good field position...The Broncos were not that often in garbage time outside of the game vs Dolphins and Lions but his YPA needs to be higher and I hope he won't be a checkdown machine, something he was last year

Maybe it was because of the Sean Payton offense, which was not a good fit for Wilson...Brees was an ideal QB for this offense since he was a QB who made quick decisions and he was a great dink and dunk QB,Wilson is not a dink and dunk passer

• Like Like x 1