1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Greetings fellow Steeler fans!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by saints_steelersfan, Mar 17, 2017.

1. saints_steelersfan

saints_steelersfan New Member

Mar 16, 2017
    Hello all, and thanks for accepting me on the site! Glad to be amongst other Steeler fans: the diehards and the casual fans alike! Being born and raised in New Orleans, I was born a Saints fan and still have much love for my home town squad. However, back in the late 60's and early 70's, my Saints just weren't a good team...though we still loved them as a city and supported them as the losses piled up on Sunday afternoons. The "national" games shown in N.O. seemed to always involve Dallas, Oakland, Miami, or the Steelers. My oldest brother jumped on the Cowboys and became a Cowboys diehard. Of course, as one the younger brothers, me and my other brother had to pick a team to both annoy and frustrate him with---I chose the Steelers who always seemed to have Dallas number...particularly in the Big One. I became a Steelers fan (and Cowboys hater) since way back in '72-'73, and have watched almost every Steeler game that came on local TV in N.O., along with my beloved Saints.

Today, I live in Indianapolis and we are in the age of Sunday Ticket. Both of my teams have been pretty good for the past 10+ years or so, and I watch them both on Sundays...many times on a split screen switching audio from game to game. The best Sundays for me is when the games are not both at 1PM and I could focus full attention on each one individually. The worst Sundays are when they play each other as my heart is torn, and I hope for a tie. :facepalm: I have been fortunate in that for the past 10 years I have had a dog in the playoff fight for most of those 10 years, and have enjoyed Superbowl wins for both teams!:thumbs_up:

Living in Colts country, I am always sporting either my Saints gear or my Steelers gear, so I tend to stand out---although there are quite a few Steelers fans here in Indy (not a lot of Saints fans, though most folks do like them here!). I am a diehard Steelers and diehard Saints fan, which is quite common for a lot of people from New Orleans from my generation---a lot of folks became Steeler fans due to the national broadcast games during the 70's and 80's when the Saints frankly weren't a good team at all.

I don't post much on message boards, and I am more of a lurker. However, I will chime in sporadically on some interesting topics. Thank you all for welcoming me and allowing me to provide my story in my evolution as a Steeler fan!

2. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Nice to meetchya,
    And glad to have you on board...

At least you were smart enuff not to cheer for the Cryboys... :clapping::thumbs_up:

Never had any hate for the Saints, and just got to experience their city, on Halloween weekend, 2 years ago...

I love the N.O. lifestyle...

That city knows how to party!!!:drinks:

GO STEELERS!:herewego: