1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Green thinks it was just a tough year.....who knows.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brews Crew, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless he retires, he is going to be here. He has a 4 year 20 million contract, Steelers are going to give him every chance to earn it.

Its hard for fans to comment on this without having all the information but from the outside looking in, sure seems like he is taking too many hits to the head.

• Like Like x 1
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The thing that really sucks is that he couldn't stay on the field in San Diego either. The overall odds definitely lean toward him never being able to play a full 16 but I'd love to be wrong because we could use someone that brings his tools to the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    With his concussions recently, he probably thinks it is still pre-season too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    With this crop of TE's coming out, if you find yourself in a position to grab one you really like, do it.

I wouldn't consider Green in any decision moving forward.

If he's around and can contribute, great. But don't depend on him.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I read somewhere that a post June 1st cut wouldn't hit us that hard. I think he's done....knowing us we will sit him the whole pre season like we do all our starters...then he would get knocked out the first game and we will go through this all over again. He needs to get every medical evaluation known to man done in the offseason. I see damaged goods and it would be in our best interest to push him towards retirement. Really hope I'm wrong but I don't see him ever being the weapon we envisioned. At this point he's tying up a roster spot..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

The dead money would be $1,187,500 after June 1 but it would save $5,000,000 in cap space. I can see the Steelers possibly cutting their losses on the deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Stick a fork in him, he's done!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I said this somewhere else, but you either cut him or mitigate his potential loss by drafting someone else even if he does want to come back.