1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

green contract

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 24, 2017.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The best thing that can happen with him, is that the FO brings him in for his physical prior to the draft. It allows us to know where he stands. If he still can't pass a physical, he needs to be waived for his own safety.

That being said, ideally he gets healthy and can contribute. We were much better with him in the lineup.

3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am very surprised the NFL Players Union allowed that to happen. I have read that the Union hates when players take cuts and with the whole concussion lawsuits I am surprised by this move. With that said I am pretty sure there is no way in hell Green does anything like that. We have to hope for the best both for his health and our team......

4. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The NFL concussion protocol rule requires him to be tested before training camp begins...

BEFORE THE TRAINING CAMP BEGINS

The process begins before the season with team doctors performing examinations to clinically assess functions such as memory, concentration and balance that can be affected by a concussion. Also the doctors evaluate the player regarding how many concussions they have experienced and how long the player needed to recover as well as other medical factors that can affect concussion recovery. Players also fill in a list of current symptoms, including headache, neck pain, fatigue and others as it is important to know what they are experiencing before any concussion standardized baseline concussion tool is utilized.

This history and physical examination information is supplemented with baseline neuropsychological testing, comprehensive tests that assess memory, reaction time, attention span, problem-solving abilities and other cognitive skills. Some neuropsychological tests are computer based such as the ImPACT test -- Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing. and the Automated Neuropsychological Assessment Metrics (ANAM) test developed by the Army. Other neuropsychological tests are standard paper and pencil tests typically administered by a neuropsychologist. Each team has a neuropsychologist to interpret the neuropsychological tests and serve as a consultant to help with this aspect of concussion care.

This preseason assessment process has many benefits. "It's a forum for dialogue to build rapport," Dr. Stan Herring, one of the team physicians with the Seahawks and Seattle Mariners and a member of the NFL's Head, Neck and Spine Committee, told ESPN.com. "The most important thing is knowing what he was like before a concussion."

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011

I get when he needs to be tested, but I think we should ask for special testing in order to know prior to the draft.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The rule just says testing before training camp begins it doesn't specify any timeline so I presume they could bring him in tomorrow if they wanted too...

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    With all the money invested, one would think he is constantly being monitored/tested/whatever. Just like any other injured player.

8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I know next to nothing about concussions. My neighbor fell on the ice and banged his head. Concussion. He shortly thereafter was banged on the head by a large rolling door. Concussion. Since then, he has been poked, proded, scanned, etc. CT, MRI, neurologists, etc. 4 months later, no one can help. On a good day he can walk outside for 20 minutes.

9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well they best be monitoring for his own good. I liked what he brought to the field in his limited snaps but one more head hit and it could be lights out. Then the Steelers are on the hook. His situation can't be trusted. James can handle the load and will only be better this season. It looks like the dead cap would be 3.5 if he was cut. I'm sure they can still waive him due to injury. Time to cut ties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    i just dont understand going into a NFL season that anyone is expected to play without getting hit in the head. It's just a matter of time, and waiting for it to happen. I'm not sure one could make it out of training camp without getting hit in the head, let alone a whole season.