1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

green bay game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by NDsteelerfan, May 12, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    They call them sac-a-lait in Lousiana. Must be cajun thing.

There are people constantly getting pinched around here for over limit on trout. Now, I like trout okay to eat but people are just greedy and hungry. I know people that will limit, clean them and take them home, then go out to another creek, rinse, repeat. If they're that damn desperate, then go buy some at Wholey's in the Strip District and leave the trout for the little kids to catch. People really make me nauseous sometimes.

I used to work with a guy that kept weird hours. He'd get up at 3 in the morning and go fishing. It was nothing to come in in the morning only to find a five gallon bucket with a couple of catfish swimming around in our work area. He didn't want them, he brought them in for anyone that did. He's somewhat of a maniac.

• Like Like x 2
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    My buddy races locally and a few years back, he was racing down in West by God Virginia. Asked me if I'd go along as he wasn't riding down with his car owner. Never one to turn down a race, I said sure. We get there and I'm hungry, so I go to the refreshment stand and there is a sign that says, "Try Our World Famous Coleman's Fish Sandwich". Okay, sure. I get one, get to my seat and give it it a try. It was fantastic! I went down and bought two more. The only thing that sucked was I didn't have any beer to wash it down with. The track I go to on Friday actually has a very good fish sandwich, too. If you sell a subpar fish sandwich is S.W. Pa, you will be outed. It's sacrilege, like bad hot sausage or kielbasa.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    3am is go time for catfish. I use to get off work at 2am & hit the river.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Really would like to consider making a long road trip to this game. Will have to pay out the butt for tickets.

Was thinking about crossing two things off the football bucket list.

It's like a 10.5 hour drive my house (Western PA) to Green Bay.

I see Notre Dame plays Saturday at home. Could stop in south bend and attend a Notre Dame game.

That would cross one bucket list item off always wanted to go to a game there, even though I like Penn State, I have a liking of Notre Dame, always loved the movie Rudy since I was a kid.

Then go up to Green Bay after that and see the Steelers Sunday. Attend a game at Lambeau field.

Cross another bucket list stadium off the list.

Then just drive the whole 10.5 hours back home on Monday.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If you like seafood, along the way you will go through Wheeling, IL. Bob Chinn’s Crab House is my favorite restaurant anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I lived in WI for about 20 years. I'm a Phillies phan for baseball, but used to attend games with friends at Miller Park often - like you said, great tailgating and overall ballpark. Was watching a Brewers game on MLBTV at the beginning of the season, and had to double-take when I saw it isn't Miller Park anymore. Apparently Miller Brewing opted not to bid for naming rights in 2020 (they ante'd up $40m when it was built in 2000), so it's now American Family Field.

The Milwaukee Brewers stadium changing from Miller Park to American Family Field just seems wrong. Still a great stadium though.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey it could still be the ancient "County Stadium" from the old Braves.

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hopefully Rodgers gets traded, so the Steelers don't have to play Green Bay with him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Which team is getting him though?! Only one I can think of is the Broncos. If that is the case, who is to say the AFC Playoff Seeding will be that much more difficult to not just get into but to stay on until the end of the Regular Season?!

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It would have to be a AFC team, maybe the Broncos or Raiders.

11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

So the same problem persists then sadly. That is going to cause quite the logjam in the AFC Playoff Seeding. For that matter, Pittsburgh will have to win its division again in all likelihood to get back to the playoffs.

12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Every fan I know has refuses to call it anything but Miller Park. We are the friggen brewers for Christ sake! :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Anyone know where to find Packers tickets for cheap? Already $300+ each.

14. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, they are not gonna be cheap....that is the lowest I have found. I have one source that is trying to track down a pair at a good price for me, but I'm not holding my breath

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @NDsteelerfan so the Vikings game is a Thursday night game in December. They have middle bowl tickets behind Steelers bench for 300 or nosebleed sections for under 200. I'm going to think really hard about pulling the trigger. Why December though ugh.

16. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    I'm throwing in the towel for tickets. All the sites add a $100+ fee on top of the sales price :facepalm:

I was planning only buying a Najee jersey this year anyway

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    As you get older, 3 am is just go time

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It's not so much December....it's the Thursday night deal that sucks

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah normally I see if my Dad wanted to go like we did in 05 but I found out two weeks ago that my parents and younger brother are up and moving from GF to California so that shoots that idea. So going to talk to the wife and see if we can make a mini family vacation out of it. Just wish it wasn't in Dec so I could take the kids to the zoo and stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1