1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Greedy Williams "One Thought of as a Top Prospect"

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mcam, Jan 31, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    "Once Thought of" that is.. typo in the header

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.c...s-is-a-double-edged-sword-pittsburgh-steelers

Very interesting. If the guy does not go in the top 15, IMO the Steelers would be foolish not to go for him.

So keep an eye on his draft stock. Bottom line is this guy makes big plays, which is exactly what the Steelers are missing on defense and players like Rod Woodson even talked about.

I still don't think he's falling to #20, but it's interesting some believe this formerly projected top 5 pick would drop.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The guy is overrated IMO.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Agreed.

Stay. AWAY.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure which thread I posted it in but there are lots of rumors about red flags with this kid. From what I was reading he kind of reminds me of Delvin Cook as far as off the field stuff and his draft stock falling. We shall see

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Pretty grabby from what I see.:cool:

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A couple of months ago I watched an LSU game with the intent of focusing on Greedy and Devin White. The guy who really drew my attention at corner wasn’t Greedy, it was the other corner Fulton. I felt kind of blah on Greedy. I had never heard of Fulton before that game. He’s not draft eligible yet, and has character flags, but he’s pretty good.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Quite a bit of yellow laundry then on Sunday's. Cannot have that as Pittsburgh was penalized enough. Need someone who understands the principles of how to use that physicality.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
  10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he's been dropping from what i have seen. these guys i have posted brown, gilbert, connelly are really good players that are somewhat overlooked by the draft boards. these are the steals a team can get in the mid to late rounds and get needed help on a team and it also allows you to pick different positions early without much dropoff in needs. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will have to see more I watched him in the Shrine game and was very unimpressed. He had a nice play on ST, and then was burnt by Godwin on a TD. He also was holing and pulling on the jersey in the end zone that was not called. I put a lot of stock in these games as they are playing against NFL caliber players as appose to during regular season games. I know 1 game don't make or break but I am not liing what I have seen so far. No offense Mac. :smiley1:

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    none taken ny. greedy is a first rounder and has a lot of tape of a grabby defender too. you will see that from all of them. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We should just change his name from Greedy to Grabby right now .

• Like Like x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Correct and I agree but when you add the guy getting burnt to the mix my level of interest does down. A lot can happen at the combine aka underwear Olympics to move guys up and down, I will have to look more at this guy to get a better opinion.

Depending where you look I have seen Brown ranked in the 4th - 6th rounds, and to be honest with you I will not complain if he is drafted there. Some guys in that range that I have looked at and been impressed with are Moreland(JMU), Baity(Kent) & Johnson(Kent). These are all guys that I have seen some kind of film on, there are others that I keep reading about Fields(Clem) and Peter(Miss ST) that sound pretty interesting as late rounders but I haven't seen.

I know you are high on Brown but if I have my choice right now between Johnson, Moreland and Brown later on I am all over Johnson. That is just going off what I have seen so far, like I said before no disrespect on your opinion of Brown I have just not like what I have seen from him in the limited film I have seen on him. However it does look like the later rounds we will have a crack at some talented CB's which will be nice if we don't pick Murphy, Love or Baker early. :smiley1:

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    julian love

kendell sheffield

darnell savage jr.

treyvon mullen

kris boyd

several others from some smaller schools too are players to not be overlooked. all these guys can play. i do like the fact we have added another coach to this part of our defense and i think we can finally start to see some good players brought along, including who we already have here in sutton and allen. i don't think there is a ton of difference in many of these players that we have to reach in the first. we will see some movement of a lot of these guys before the draft. savage and adderly can play multiple roles as well. :cool: