1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Great story about Redman

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersWin!, Jan 6, 2012.

1. SteelersWin!

SteelersWin! Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
  2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
  3. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Very good background on him.
    Never knew about all that...
    Shows a lot about why he has the determination he does.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    wow didnt know all that about his past

5. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I hope this sad story doesn't get much more traction than this.

I also hope he stays driven and humble.

Not sure how well the writer knows his story with the Steelers, because as we all know, his training camp battles drew far more praise and attention that the article tells.

I loved that TD in the ravens game. I thought after that happened the play book was going to open wide for him and he was going to become an offensive priority. He proved he deserved a shot up until that point and once given a real chance came he wouldn't be denied. That play was HUGE! Another example of Ariens not using a hot hand afterward. Redman hasn't fizzled though.

Call it a hunch, but his fumbles last week, I think, might have been a focusing agent for this guy. He got some bad plays out of his system. I don't believe they will stick with him as a gray cloud like they did with Sweed. He shakes off the plays and grows from them.

I have no choice but to be optimistic for this guy because of our circumstances, but everything I feel about him is genuine. This guy will continue to be solid. Like a Marine!

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    So we should be nicer to Bruce Arians for bringing Redman aboard ?

thank you Bruce, now piss off you useless tool. :)

7. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes a very nice read indead.....I had similar stuff posted before he came to camp.....I didn't have the exact details or any inside info,,but I knew something just wasn't right.....

Redman is and always has been a good kid in my view,,I think he put himself in a bad situation early in life ,,,but his peeps never gave up on him and most Importantly he never gave up on himself....

Which brings us to the now,,,and why I see that Heart,Will,and Determination on each and every snap......Similar to the tape he showed Bowie that got him that gig,,,I seen it at Bowie with those highlights....Those tapes got BA to even give him a look ,,,,,,,,,,,just Imagine if BA really had Love for the running game ????

Anyway Redman is ready and he can and will get better with more work as I have always stated........I just hope the Steelers will go all in on this guy if not I fear we will see a 1400 yard plus a year punisher playing for another Team after next year....

As long as BA is the OC I think Redman has little to no chance of becoming a featured runner with us,,,,,this has a lot to do with why I want BA to go............Even tthough the tape made him give him a chance he still will not use him enough,,,,,the players know who and what Red is and even the Defensive players wan't Red in the game....

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Someone should tweet him to post the vid on youtube for everyone to enjoy.