1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Great News - Chapman back to Yankees for 5 years!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Dec 8, 2016.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry BFT but looks like the Chappy is heading back to the American League. I'm thrilled. This guy is pure evil and fittingly is back in the Bronx Zoo. What would be ironic is if somehow Cutch ended up there as well during this off-season. Chapman tried to kill Cutch 2 years ago with a purposefully fastball to the head. I'd be all in favor of putting Chap back out to sea on the flotilla that brought him here.

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm fine with losing him but I REALLY wish we'd go get Kenley Jansen. His heater is not as fast but he's definitely a more versatile and durable pitcher. Still appreciate what Chapman done for us while we had him rented though.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Fowler to the Cards just hits me right in the gut. I wish him well and really love him but dang for him to go there just hurts like crazy. One of my buddies hopes we go for McCutchens.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If that happened - I'd switch allegiance to the Pittsburg (Kansas) Corn Nuts American Legion Team. :facepalm:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ahem... It's McCutchen. No 's' on the end. And keep your grimey paws off him! :nono: :lolol:

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think you have anything to worry about. LOL!

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I'm pretty sure he is off the trade block. Of course if he played like he did last year !!!

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I say there's really no way they let him go. Any team would be lucky to have him though. I think for the Cubs losing Dexter Fowler is devastating. In games where he scored or reached base our record was astronomical. He's also a great defender. The Cards just upgraded big time. Still $87 million is a lot for a guy his age. I can understand the Cubs not wanting to pay that and I can understand him wanting to accept it as well.

• Agree Agree x 1