1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 15, 2024.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Coming at you? Lol what are you a teenager? Like I said, you’re incapable of having a rational discussion in regards to Mike Tomlin. And it’s looking like anything else for that matter.
    Not to mention that I was talking to someone else when you quoted me.
    “Coming at you” Lol

Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He's not leaving unless he wants to leave. Maybe if they hadn't rebounded from 7-7, but rallying that mess into the playoffs pretty much guaranteed Rooney would be patient.

Of course, Tomlin was to blame for much of what put them in that hole, but to see y'all tear into him because they lost to the No. 2 seed without their best player is just comical.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think the idea is that the coach is supposed to have these guys prepared and focused to not make those mental mistakes. He may very well do that and these guys are just dummies. Who knows

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Bull****. It was second down. He assumed it would be open because they had been picking on Elam. I know you want to make excuses for Rudolph, but at least be honest when he ****s up.

5. VanIsle

VanIsle Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Down 21-0 this game, it was over when it started.

Unprepared again.. . . .

That Muth fumble should have been Buffalo's ball ad well.. . .

How many more chances does this guy get, it is embarrassing. . . .

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    The thing is ,there is a common denominator over the last decade and it isn't the players . They come and go.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Pickens is an immature, selfish jackass. We know this. Tomlin knows it, but like the rest of us, he puts up with it because Pickens is so damn talented. He put his hand down to protect himself instead of protecting the ball.

Rudolph is a backup. He was okay today, but they were pretty much asking him to be perfect and that wasn't a fair expectation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You obviously felt the need to specifically call out my handle in your comment because I clicked disagree. You know what you can do with that passive aggressive BS, Glenn. Now, run along and go find someone else to annoy.

9. TN Vol Steelers Fan

TN Vol Steelers Fan Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2020
    And then turn a 15 second sentence into a 45 second cliche. I’m in TN and people around here notice the man is “one cliche after another.”

• Like Like x 1
  10. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    It's natural instinct to put your hands down and brace yourself when your falling, take that **** some where else... That dog won't hunt

11. Rocky Mtn

Rocky Mtn Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2023
    Good post. High floor,low ceiling,couldn't agree more.

• Like Like x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You quoted me when I was in a conversation with someone else. If you wanna have a rational discussion I’m your guy. If you wanna throw out insults I’m going to give it back.

13. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    He shouldn't have walked off unless maybe he answered the question at this setting. Did he? What if the question was going to be, "When will you be signing an extention?" I just don't think he should have walked off.

14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It’s how they lose that is unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with this. I've just accepted that Tomlin will never be fired. It's my personal nightmare but it is what it is. I blame him for the mess we were in but whatever.

What I don't blame him for is individual losses. like the one today to Buffalo. What I do blame him for is the lack of playoff success. I also blame him for the roller coaster ride that the Steelers are. There's so many ups and downs, it's crazy. One month we absolutely suck, the next we can beat anybody. It's nothing but extremes with his teams. There's just no consistency. Whenever things look amazing and we look like a true contender, it falls apart. When everything looks bleak, we turn it around and tear up the league. I also blame him for all the drama surrounding this time all the time. It's insane.

But whatever. He'll be back next year and we'll once again have no playoff success. I've just come to accept that we will continue to be a failure of a franchise until Tomlin leaves, and unless he goes to a contender, his next team will also be a failure. Mike Tomlin is the most overrated coach in the history of the league. He's not deserving of being in the HOF.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    I admit that I didn't think that was possible this time, but Mediocre Mike will never fool me again. If they had at least came out looking like they were fired up and ready to play, I could've at least accepted that they just lost to a better team. But to come out flat once again after all the hard work, along with the luck it took to even get into the playoffs? Just unreal

• Like Like x 1
  18. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Not many will if they are on par. Allen is a generational talent that possesses a combination of size, speed and arm strength. He makes throws others cannot. We need a shut down inside linebacker set to deal with a guy like that, let alone having TJ out didn’t help with the pressure. They ran all over Dallas as well and they have a great defense. We’ve had so many injuries it’s hard to remember. Some of our guys were not even in camp. The Bills are a dominate team, not because of their coaches, it’s because of their players.

19. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Yeah, he's so talented, but yet he rarely ever finds a way to get open

20. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    He isn’t because of his mobility. You cannot stand there in this league. You have to have some type of elusiveness in the pocket. They do not have to spy him like teams do Allen, MaHomes and Hurts. He is a slow footed QB that cannot play outside the pocket. He’s a sitting duck for today’s edge rushers.

21. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    We won 10 games, that is deserving.

22. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Why didn’t you like the hiring to start with?

23. Arch Stanton

Oct 10, 2022
    Man Knox, you and Glenn knocking heads again? You guys need to get together for a couple of beers and try to bury the hatchet :lolol:

24. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Because he has 3,000 yards in three years? Or is it the one fumble during that time?

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I would like to hear what specific rules he is talking about. Other leaders have said they are professionals and should be expected to act like it.