1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Goodbye Mo!

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Pitched his last inning tonight. One of my all time favorite athletes, probably never see that kind of dominant performance again, year after year for his entire career, amazing. :applaud:

Thanks Mo!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He was awesome for sure but didn't he blow it in the 01 series? As a Cubs fan I was actually for the Yankees in that because I thought it would really help the city after 9/11 but didn't Rivera blow a crucial save in that game?

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He had a few. The Arizona game 7 WS and a couple blown saves against the Redsox in that epic collapse in the series when they were up 3 games to none. No ones perfect though but he came pretty darn close.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah I wanted Mark Grace to get a championship but just not that year. I was furious with Rivera for blowing it but man he was awesome most of the time though.

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That really sucked, NYC could have used that lift for sure. With the way the Yankees came back in 2 of those games the way they did in that series, it seemed like destiny. Then game 7, Soriano hits a go ahead HR to set up Mo for a save, I thought it was wrapped up at that point. A rare error by Mo and a couple of bloop singles later, game over, so wrong.

By the way, I was at one of those come back victories, Scotty Brosius hit a game tying 2 out 2 run HR in the bottom of the 9th that landed about 5 rows in front of me, one of the best sporting events I was ever at. I thought Arizonas relief pitcher was going to commit suicide, back to back nights of blowing the save.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah that was flat out the overall best WS I've ever seen in my life. Just out of curiosity how much does it cost to go to a Series game? I'm guessing it's not cheap but not near the price of a Super Bowl ticket. It is even comparable?

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, doesn't come close to SB pricing. I think the minimum for SB tickets is 2,000. I sat behind home plate for a WS game and that only cost about 500. Sitting way up would obviously be cheaper.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think face on a SB ticket is like $750 or something. In 08 I called a guy about his ticket because it was only $1,000 but he had just sold it. They say if you wait until just after kickoff scalpers will DRASTICALLY drop the price. I have a friend that's a diehard cowgirl fan and he said that he went to the Super Bowl in 95 and he paid a security guard $500 and he let him in. I told him in a post 9/11 world that could probably never happen again. He agreed.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Here's some estimates on this years SB pricing. Yikes:eek:

http://nfl.si.com/2013/09/17/nfl-super-bowl-xlviii-ticket-prices/