1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Win

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Greg the man Lloyd, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Good win but man it would be great if we could just put a game away!!

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Couldn't agree more! The way we came out at the start of the game was awesome, but after the half we layed down. I don't know why we insist on playing down to our opponent's ability. :evil:

3. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree. It seems like we always play down to the opponents level of play which in turn gives them momentum and almost a win. Stupid penalties, Ben was off, bad kicking. And we just got by one of the worse OL in the league. If we play this way against the Ravens or Cheatriots they will eat us alive in our house.

4. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    that is just it we normally play up when we play them and down when we play bad teams

5. So Cal Steeler

So Cal Steeler Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We like to be nice to teams that have bad records. We let them stay in it till the end. They have a glimmer of hope, and then the defense crushes there dreams, most of the time. The Jags played hard. I guess Legs is better than we thought, I hope he's okay. We did okay without some of our best players in the game. But it was too darn close for me.
    Thank you very much for making this board.

6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I recall after a lackluster win against KC around 2001, Cower came to the microphone and called it a great win. All wins are great wins! Just as all losses are terrible losses. At this point in the season, W's are the only thing that matter. Come December, it will be important then for the team to click on all cylinders, be healthy, and be in a position to go deep into the playoffs in January. The only thing that matters in October are wins.

7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    First half I settled down for a comfy evening of Jaguar destruction. Second half I was in my usual gameday spot, which is foetal position on the floor, watching through my fingers...
    Well, maybe not quite that bad. But you know.

One thing that I've noticed this season is, really since the Superbowl, I have less confidence in our two minute offense. Prior to the Superbowl, I always had confidence that however badly Ben and the O played, in the last few minutes they could always engineer a winning drive. Now, I don't feel that anymore. Maybe it's just me?

8. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    LMAO!! Been there my friend

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :lolol: I hear ya, man.

I don't think it's just you. I don't wanna play the O-line card, but...

10. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I wasn't able to watch it, but it was one radio. In the first half, I was hearing about how we were doing stuff at will, and I think it was 17-3 or so. I wasn't able to listen from then on, but I see later it was 17-13. Couldn't figure out what happened.......

11. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    How's this? A win is a win. There are no style points in the NFL. I agree though, it'd be nice to win with some style.

12. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I think it was a terrible win. This was a game we should have won easily, 34-10 or something. Ben's accuracy completely disappeared in the second half and mistakes nearly cost the game. They need to play much better.

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't get me wrong, I'll take the W but a good win? It was against a team that we should have blown out of the water, TP got his bell rung, Legursky went out with an injury and the offense failed to put up 1 point in the 2nd half.