1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good win but....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 15, 2017.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Holy smokes. We need to put more points on the board when we have the opportunity. Thank you Boswell.

I'm gonna let any one else comment for I have to get my thoughts together first.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Whatever it takes.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Win and move on. That's what you do in the playoffs. Every game is different.

Believe me, I live in Patriotland, and my NE fan friends were bricking it during that entire game yesterday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    We really should've blown them out. The chiefs were completely out matched, but their red zone defense kept them in it (part of which was some shady play calling IMO). A win is a win tho, no matter how you get it. On to New England! Let's go get em!

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    The inability to finish drives is definitely not going to fly next week. I will say though that there was no way around this being a tough game. Chiefs were a good team this season and going into Arrowhead and winning a road playoff game is tough. A few less drops and off the mark passes and this would have been a lopsided game given how good our defense played and even our offense before the 30yd line that is.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Lots of buts on this one. Ben damned near let us all down. Poor coaching not preparing these guys for situational FB. Dumb mistakes. This game should have been over at the half like the first time around but how in the hell do we not find the EZ?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012
    Defense keeps getting better every week. And hey, remember what I said about the Andy Reid factor? His teams always find a new and innovative way to lose, and like I also said, we beat KC like a drum. Boomity boom boom boom!

• Like Like x 2
  8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Good win, but...

they didn't win pretty enough. KC's defense was legit. We'll score touchdowns next week. Can't wait to see James Harrison sack Tom Brady.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I need to process the stress cooker of a 4th quarter we just endured.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  10. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I honestly am looking at this as a great win. We had to play probably the best defense in the playoffs and one of the top teams in the playoffs. We came out with a win. We have the hard track to the super bowl as we will play 3 or of 4 against tough opponent. It isn't pretty but this is the Steeler way. To be the best you beat the best. I'm proud of the team. Go Steelers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Same old chiefs. One and done. Can't win a playoff game after a 1st round bye. Epic chokers in the playoffs. They can thank the Colts for breaking Carr's leg for even having a home playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Bobo

Bobo Member

Jan 9, 2017
    It should have been a blow-out game.

Red zone offence must be improved or we will be blow-out in foxburgh

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Love theses threads, 86!! I just need you to post them 2 more times! Here we go!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    It was a win "by any means necessary". But the offense had a bad game. The team needs to polish up what they should already be good at.... getting into the end zone.
    Can't go into any more games playing like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They most likely won't beat New England kicking FGs.

16. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't get it we run the ball down their throats , but when they get to the red zone genius Ben tries to throw it?? He's letting it go before looking at the receiver, Brown was covered! !

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    I give them a .01% chance of victory if they are unable to score a single TD against the Patriots and weather is not a factor.

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah, Chiefs have a great defense. Apparently they have been known all year as a great red zone defense.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm confident they will score TDs vs the Patriots, the Chiefs have a good redzone defense. Ben not giving the ball to Bell on that int near the goal line cost them a TD, and AB not holding on that TD pass were big missed opportunities for TDs.

20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A few plays there was Hill running down the field wide open. Alex Smith didn't see him. Brady won't make the same mistake. This offense cannot stall and kick field goals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Pats are tough... but Jesus Atlanta and Green Bay are offensive juggernauts

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. jimmyallen45

Jan 1, 2012

yeah, wonder what the over/under is- 70?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Good win but...

Throughout Ben's career, I've been under the mistaken impression that Ben was 6'5". I found out tonight that he's only 5'6".

What is it with all the tipped balls at the LOS, Doug Flutie? :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    This was probably the most nervous I have been during a playoff game. They were in full control of this game on both sides of the ball and it still came down to a greatly defended 2 pt conversion (twice, JH sacks him the first time without being held and Davis makes up for his PF) and a huge 3rd down conversion to seal the game.

If they even scored just 1 TD in place of a FG, game would have been so less stressful but I'm proud of this team. Rolling into KC and beating them in their house coming off a bye and winning 9 in a row, impressive.

Boz, you the man.

Score TD's next week boys, going to need them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. steelersfansince84

steelersfansince84 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Woooo love these threads..
    Our offense was due for a dudd but the defense stepped it up huge!!!
    Offense will be rolling on all cylinders next week u can count on that

• Agree Agree x 1