1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good win but...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 8, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Deion actually asked AB point blank about the drops last night and he flat out said that he was just playing a little too excited and thinking about what he was gonna do when he caught before he had actually caught it. He said it had been nagging at him all night and he's gonna eliminate that going forward.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Ahh.... excitement. Yet another form of the "jitters" players can get during the playoffs.

3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    The one thing about KC that scares me a little bit is we beat them badly at the beginning of the season. Meaning just like we did to Miami who beat us soundly this season, they'll want revenge and their at home. So we have to look at the things we exploited in the first game and hopefully we can take advantage of some of them again. Although I don't see Andy Reed giving us the same look as the last time. I think we match up well with KC. I like our D line against their O line and our O line against their D line. You know Bell is going to get his. Nobody can cover Brown and our pass defense has been played a lot better.

4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

KC will try and stack the box in order to stop Bell from running up the middle. Ben will need to open up the passing game to give him the space if the run game is going to get in rhythm. 1st offensive pay of the game I would line up Bell in the back field and then split him out with about 5 second left on the play clock. Snap the ball at 2. I would throw that look at them early and often. I would also fake about 3 or 4 reverses. All of the receiver's and TE's have to step up big. This game is very winnable but you can't play conservative. Open up the play book and don't rely on bubble screens. Teams will be keying on those now that AB busted that one last week for a TD.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Just R-E-L-A-X we'll be fine, I heard that from someone before....;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I agree with your assessment. The only thing I think is Bell will still get 80-100yds with the box stacked. Never mind his receiving yards. He runs like no one I've ever seen. There can be no hole and he waits and waits then hits the littlest gap.

It'll definitely be easier if Ben completes some throws down field for the running game to open up completely. Miami was suppose to have guys in Suh and Wake to stop Bell but he torched them.

I agree to with opening up the playbook. We can't give them the same look that they've seen on film. All in all we got this!

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

It wont matter if they stack the box cause they are like 26th in the league against the rush.. I cannot imagine this happened because they did not have 8 in the box in other games

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Against Miami they used the pass at the start of the game to setup the run. I think you will see more of the same. I remember people were all worried about Miami and the wide 9.. Did not seem to have any impact at all .. Not worried at all.. Ben will be the difference maker in this game. If he can stay focused and not throw the ball away we will win this one.

9. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

You mean the same Wide 9 the writing team covered in October?

Beating the Wide 9 is not rocket science. It is quite simple; beat the guys up front and attack those outer gaps, mainly the C's.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes that Wide 9. Your right its not rocket science and can be beaten obviously. I believe the Eagles use wide 9 as well . We lost to both Miami and Philly this year.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This is true.

Then again, David DeCastro and Maurkice Pouncey were not at their best at the time.

12. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Did your write up include terminology like
    "Beating off defenders"?