1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good to have Max back

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Oct 19, 2011.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    There are so many things wrong with it I don't even want to get into it. You can look at the rest of the list yourself to see, or you can just look at Max. For god's sake, they give him more points as a run blocker than pass protector. I didn't think anybody thought that. They also gave him a perfect 10 on a scale of 1-10 for health, despite tearing his ACL in the playoffs and missing 4 games for being too fat.

That list appears to be based on physical attributes and potential for the future more than 2011 performances. I can see why you like it though. They take the mac daddyo approach of basing his entire pass blocking performance off of one game of their choosing. There were only two games where he was overpowered by defenders (SF and Den), and they used one of them to justify giving him a 4 out of 10 on pass block power. I guess you could grade the whole season and see what you get... or just watch the national games and write an article like this guy. In any case, it's too bad that our 3rd tackle will only be the 29th best in the league, right?[/quote:3i6812ud]

or we grade him for his actual play. oh thats what they did. my bad. c'mon snack ya have to admit that previous response was kinda funny. LOL you and i have been over and over it, so we will have to agree to disagree. :cool:

2. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    mac I usually place alot of stock in your opinion, especially in regard to the O-line.
    However, in this instance it appears that you look for negatives with Max while looking for positives with the other lineman.
    Just my opinion and observation.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

i love max. he's big,smart as a whip and should be playing his best football in his 8th season and i think he is, it's just not as a starting nfl LT. i think we can do better. he's slow footed and somewhat clumsy and gets out of position easily. bens just very good at getting the ball off when his man breaks free. well'except for 35 times last year when he held it or another part of our o-line folded. i wouldn't mind max at RT, but he can't run block. we have wanted rid of him for years but always seem to go back to him. i thought this was overwith finally this year, but like a stubburn turd he keeps resurfacing. i keep watching and watching him and he doesn't get any better. we went with a youth movement finally across the line and now i feel we've taken that step back again. alot of people are considering him to start this year agian and i'm just dead set against it. i just don't see all the great play from this guy. i am totally miffed by it. sorry,you guys don't see bad play and technique. this guy should have been and still mualing people and he just doesn't. we have been lacking in good LT's for a long time around here. :cool: