1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news: Stephon Tuitt is 100% healthy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Good for you…I work for a massive healthcare company and you don’t get to take a year off with pay because a sibling died. Nobody would do that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    it appears somebody would. Since we are watching it unfold. Obviously it’s an unusual situation. Personally I’m glad the Steelers are giving him whatever time he needs. He isn’t taking time “because a sibling died”. A sibling died and obviously for whatever reason he is taking this extremely hard. Perhaps he’s always struggled with depression. Perhaps he’s never had a mental health issue and this was the trigger.We don’t know. We probably won’t ever know everything. Nor should we know as it’s none of our business. So perhaps it’s time to get off our pedestals and stop judging the man.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Disco your post is making a lot of assumptions and you very well could have a point. I've never been part of a labor union so I am not speaking from a place of knowledge here but I would assume that the NFLPA will be involved in this to safeguard a members rights and I don't think the Steelers are handing him a check for 11 million dollars and saying take some time. I have very little respect for how the league handles the business of football outside of the actual football games but I do respect the Rooney's enough to do what is right and so I'm not wasting a lot of time giving this a second thought.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I feel for your losses and yes death is a part of life and you are entitled to your opinions on that dynamic but it isn't my call to make, your call to make, or anyone's for that matter. What happens between Tuitt and the Steelers is their business and we can express our feelings on that but it doesn't change the situation.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Depression and mental illness are tough animals. Before I met my wife at the tail end of 2007 I went through a patch of deep depression. I'd try to sleep and just couldn't, I'd take all manner of sleep aids in more than recommended doses to try and sleep and still be up all night watching tv shows. Id fall asleep somewhere around 8 am, I'd skip the college classes I was taking to better my situation, I'd do my part time job and by 11 pm be right back in the same place. I'd tell myself tomorrow I'll do better and just didn't get better. It took four months to claw my way out of that hole and get back to living but it was a struggle. I had a point last year during the height of the pandemic where I was holding on for dear life for sliding down that rabbit hole again because then it was just me, now I have 4 people depending on me. If Tuitt plays this year and is ready for it I will back him and if he doesn't I will back him. It's not for me to judge.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I guess I'm struggling with this new system for IR, in the past once you were on IR that was it. Now it is all up in the air?? People come an go all the time.

There was never any real explanation for what the deal is. If anything, it would be easier for the Steelers to give us something definitive so they wouldn't have to answer questions about it each week.

• Like Like x 1
  7. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    /edit I was way off they’ve changed the injured reserve rules drastically due to covid.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Great Post Thorn...Thanks for sharing Dude

• Like Like x 2
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Sorry for your losses Bunch!

• Like Like x 3
  10. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    If you are looking for a self pity party you are definitely on the wrong forum bud.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hate to see you go that quick, but I do get what you’re saying.

• Like Like x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's due to the team losing, it's not always like this.

13. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Don't kid yourself. It is always like this.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If there is a better forum I’d like to see it, most other sites have discourse that is really in the gutter. I’d argue this is still the best Steelers forum!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    All this is based on the writer using "sources said" as evidence of his article being factual? Or did I miss something? I want to know who the "sources" are before I believe anything. JMO>

• Like Like x 2
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    All this from an OP by a troll.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Most businesses give you time off for a death. The days you get typically depend how close IE if parent its 3 to 5 days or cousin 1 day. Anything beyond that you'd probably need dr sign off and use the fam medical leave act which you could get 12 weeks unpaid leave. This of course is if you work for a larger type company. I highly doubt any business would contine to pay us schmucks.

That said hope tuitt is ok. I really dont see a point in him playing this year unless its to prove he can for whatever mental issues he is having. If he is having these issues which prevent him from playing next year hopefully he retires and doesnt make the steelers cut him.

18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    If I had to guess he probably hasn’t worked out at all over the past year. He’s not in football shape and risks injury. Maybe he’s contemplating retirement and the team asked him to take a year off? We will never know.

as to making you work after the death of a family member. I’d tell that job to shove it up their ass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    By the time Tuitt gets into football shape it will be too late, he wouldn't help the team this much now.

20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Look at Planet Steelers...Check out Feltdizz, and his Lil band of Tinkerbell Buddies ( one of which is on here ) overtake and Bully every thread...

One of them is a member on here...He has another guy on ignore but, still on every single thread he talks about said guy...and his Lil Buddies take turns on him...

I just get on to watch the **** show ( they're all Tomlin Lovers) Some of you would love it on there,you could join Feltdizz Lil gang...

An absolutely horrendous site lol!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    as I am on record - SHAME on him

22. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, it's gotten pretty ridiculous.

23. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    What you're seeing are posts that are against this board's rules.

But we mods can't catch everything real time.

Don't worry. It's usually not this combative. Of a personal nature anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone gets a little hot under the collar after a loss at times. Even My mild mannered self. LoL :thumbs_up:

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Which NFL team do you play for?;+)

• Like Like x 1