1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good day for the Steelers in the standings...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 16, 2017.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Ravens lose at home to the Bears and with the combined win over the Chiefs the Steelers pull back to a full game up on the Ravens with the tiebreaker in hand. Plus, they will stay 2 games up on the Bengals with a chance to bury them next week in the standings. More importantly, they pull within 1 game of the Chiefs in the standings and now own the head to head tiebreaker over them for homefield advantage and the 1 seed in the AFC. The Steelers had to win this game today to have any chance to get the 1 seed. Had they fallen to 3 games behind the Chiefs their chances would have been pretty much down the toilet. Now you stay 1 game behind KC and stay tied with the Patriots at 4-2 with a current better AFC record.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lots of football left... it might be too early to think about 1 seed and all that. Just keep taking care of business. Win AFC North games and beat the Pats. We definitely should be in the running for a bye and home field by then end of the year

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. theRealeHarris

theRealeHarris Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2016
    I'm content. Had the potential to be 5-0. I'm LOVING our schedule. Battered Bengals. Lions will put up a good fight. Colts with no Luck. Titans with no Mariota. Packers with no Rodgers. Cincy again. Hosting inconsistent Ravens. AFCC preview, Pats are weak right now, we'll see what they're made of in week 15. Stadium game in December, Houston is likely to be in the playoff picture, back to back tough tests before playoffs. Victory lap at home vs Browns. :brownssuck:

11-5? :confused1:

4. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Yeah today was a good day for us overall, would've been better if the Patriots had lost. But because of our inconsistency, I'm very nervous about our chance of making the playoffs. Let's pray we can stay healthy & consistent...

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Plus with Denver getting trounced by Papa Peyton John's little brother, the need to pass through the dreaded Mile High for a playoff game (if/when that occurs) is slimmer and slimmer. :thumbs up:

6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This team is gonna make the playoffs I don't think that is gonna be an issue. The Ravens aren't gonna be able to keep up with the Steelers in the division, and the Bengals unless they win this game here this week which I don't believe they will do will have no chance to catch the Steelers in the division. The thing the Steelers need to do now is just keep pace with the Patriots in the East which they have so far, and stay within a game of the Chiefs since they own the tiebreaker now on them. Do those things and win the games you're supposed too and the road to the Super Bowl should come through Heinz Field in January.

7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Lots of football left. Steelers need to to focus on the next two, get two wins and head into the bye week at 6-2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Patriots are in control of the AFC unless they lose a few more games. The Pats' schedule is tough this year, so I'm hoping they lose at least 3 more games before January. Patriots at 11-5 would be easier to topple in the seedings, IF the Steelers can beat them at Heinz Field on 12/17 and get the tie breaker. Steelers are gonna lose 3-4 more games... it's a given. The same inconsistencies are gonna plague this team. Ben is not quite there yet and needs one of his signature 6 TD / O INT games to get back on track. The defense needs to start putting teams away in the 4th quarter.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

Actually the chiefs are still in control of the AFC with 5 wins and the head to head tie breaker over the patriots and since we have the head to head over the chiefs that puts the patriots in 3rd place in the AFC....

10. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    In all honesty this team should finish 14-2 with what’s left. They won’t but they should.

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I predict the Steelers will be 7-2 and lose to the Titans. Might as well write it in stone.

12. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I could see that, the game left on the schedule that i think will be the toughest other than the Pats of course is the Texans.
    Deshaun Watson is looking good, and its in Texas on Christmas. I just dont see the Steelers showing up. Whereas the Texans will probably be fighting for a playoff spot.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    IMG_0627.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1