1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Boxing Match on Tonight

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by S.T.D, Feb 13, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I watched that fight also.
    JMO, but I believe exhibition fights like that ruins Boxing.
    Not only was he 20 years younger, but I believe 35 pounds heavier , and 6 inches taller.
    I believe it was a money grab.
    IMO it ruins the legitimacy of Boxing, and worse...I watched it. LoL :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I always ***** and moan about sports starting to late for us east coasters but damn boxing really starts late. I'm thinking since most fight are in Vegas now days. I never made it to the end of fight but watch ending this morning. I was pulling for Diaz but saw he lost in what was an exciting last 3 rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Just moved to Omaha, home of Terence Crawford. I lived here 4 years ago as well and he is definitely one to watch as I'm sure you know. His next bout is against Shawn Porter possibly in November but it hasn't been announced yet.

I really enjoyed boxing until the mid 90s and the Tyson era. My lack of interest wasn't due to the fighters. It just seemed every fight was a pay per view. It really killed the sport imo. I really never got back into it since. Compare that to the UFC. Say what you want about Dana White but The Ultimate Fighter series and just about every other UFC event is on a non pay per view channel. It used to be Spike, not sure now as I just got back into cable tv. Even if the main event is on ppv, the undercard is sometimes viewable on other stations. White made it accessible and I believe that is why the sport is so popular and has totally overwhelmed pure boxing.

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Dude. I Freaking Totally agree about PPV killing Boxing. That's Why I support every ESPN, Fox, and anyone else that shows it. On My side of the Family Boxing was Huge. It was the 1st sport I grew up watching. Still a Huge fan. I Like UFC , Kickboxing, and other combat sports...Even Did them from My late teens till I got 2 were I couldn't Heal right, but Boxing is My 1st Love.
    Of Course I know who T. Bud Crawford is:thumbs_up:...I personally believe He will outclass S.Porter (Who I also Like)

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    One of MyFavorite Boxers in today's game is on tonight on ESPN...Vasiliy Lomachenko ....do Yourself a favor and watch Him.:thumbs_up:

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well I guess nobody watched. You People missed a clinic of Boxing by Vasiliy Lomachenko. Greatest pound for pound Boxer last night.