1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good Bluetooth Headphones?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by AskQuestionsLater, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Sennheiser

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. BeoPlay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Bowers & Wilkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sony

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Alright guys. Here is the deal.

After obtaining my tax returns, I want to spend some cash on a seriously good pair of bluetooth headphones. I just do not know which ones I should buy. Here are the options. They are as follows;

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 Wireless

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SOM7YWI?ref=olp_product_details

BeoPlay H9

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M...BeoPlay+H9&dpPl=1&dpID=41-nz+aF7ML&ref=plSrch

Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K...7+wireless&dpPl=1&dpID=41o3yTECXHL&ref=plSrch

Sony MDR1000X

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K..._14?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=ASP41FXT692ECP07N4XP

Again guys, would like your thoughts. If there is not a clear cut winner or one that looks like it has a good lead, I will just end up buying an Xbox One.

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess the question I have is what will you be listening to? And wouldn't a high end pair of headphones kind of be pointless since you're listening over bluetooth?
    I have two pair of wireless headphones, and I they've worked great for me.
    I use this pair for listening while at work (usually have them on for 8-9 hours a day on a single charge)

Edit: Hyperlinks not working. WTF Man? :roflmao:
    do amazon search for this:

Philips SHB7000/28 Bluetooth Stereo Headset, Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

And I use this pair at the gym. I've had both of these for about a year now and both are still as good as the day I bought them.

Philips SHB7150FB/27 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone (Black)

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

To answer your first question, mainly metal but dwelling deeper into more genres; all the more reason I chose the aforementioned.

To answer your second statement, it is imperative that I do get a good pair. I have owned Sennheiser's before and have heard nothing but good things from the other three. In addition, I am receiving a phone known as the LG V20.

Here are it's specs:

... well specs refuse to load so here is the specs from GSM Arena:

http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_v20-8238.php#

The most important part is that much of these headphones run on the bluetooth codec known as aptX. This allows for a higher transmission signal to reduce latency within the wireless spectrum.

One more headphone I wanted to bring in discussion was the Audio Technica DSR9BT. Sadly, those headphones will not launch until spring and spending nearly $850 Canadian dollars on headphones is something I am not considering... and that is not including tax; the cheapest price on ebay I could find no less

4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Given what you've told me, I too would probably go with the Sennheisers. I also look at the earpieces on those. The Sennheisers look like they have the most ear cushioning. If you're going to be listening for long periods, that might be an important thing to consider.
    I wish I could give you better intel, but I haven't had an experience with these models. But I know many people that swear by Sennheisers for what it's worth.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Something to do with the huge bold text I imagine. :roflmao:

6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually did a cut/paste job of Amazon's description so I didn't look like a total idiot. :lolol:
    When I added the links for some reason the board software put the [ media ] tag on them (without the spaces)
    Who knows, it could just be my work computer. But everything else seems to function normally on it.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Do you plan on resting your head on something while listening?

Some of the over the ear ones feel clunky if you lay your head back on a pillow or headrest. I'm looking at some on the ear ones.

8. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I use those little LG Tone things and they work pretty good. I use them with a gps app called Road Warrior at work and they're extremely handy for that. Sometimes I listen to music through them too and they work good for that. I've listened to everything from Charlie Christian to Django Reinhardt to Wes Montgomery to The Allman Brothers through them and it all sounds pretty great. I have like the $200 pair because my cousin works at US Cellular and gave me his 50% discount. The ONLY problem with them for me is that I can't talk on my phone good with them. I can hear people but they can't hear me. I called my cousin about it and he told me to bring them up there to the store this week and he will see about fixing them for me. Apparently there's a BOSE set of these things and it would be the bomb to have them but BOSE is insanely expensive.