1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good article on Denvers elevation.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    “Beverage pain.”

Gotta be an AutoCorrect issue.

3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah it's ridiculous these guys don't proofread. Perhaps a beverage pain is a hang over lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You don't want to have beverage pain in your left said!

5. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Thinking about it a little more...

Carbonated drinks tend to lose their fizz slightly more quickly at altitude. Unless you’re chugging it, though, I’m not sure how the beverages’ more rapid CO2 release would affect your gut. Or why burping wouldn’t be sufficient to expel it before any painful buildup could occur.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB has that sickle cell trait also??? :eek:

I never knew that, if true. And really, wth is Holmes revealing someone else's medical conditions.

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I lived in Denver for a while years ago. The first morning there I was brushing my teeth and was out of breath. It took about 2 weeks to acclimate.

9. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Yet, we never send our players to Denver a couple days early to get acclimated.

10. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I live in Colorado. A couple of days won't help. The prevailing strategy for visiting teams is to fly in late and take more oxygen on the sideline. And work to stay hydrated, too. Gonna be cold on Sunday, so that will be a factor, too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    I was like that during an overnight in Cheyenne WY (elevation ~6000ft). Thought I was having some kind of medical emergency!

12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Yea that elevation is no joke. Last time I was in denver I thought I was having heart failure walking up 10 steps. I'm told if you live their you get used to it. I'm guessing it's important to get an early lead when playing in Mile High. Anyone that's not in good shape will struggle quickly, if you are fighting to get a lead in the 4th quarter, good luck.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think this elevation thingy is more in players heads than it is a real disadvantage, the donkeys have lost 3 home games so evidently 3 teams didnt pay any attention to it, of course ben has this phobia of fearing minor things instead of focusing on the game plan, the elevation never had any effect on me even at the top of pikes peak at 16K elevation so these players need to focus on this game and quit whining about a little thin air....

14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

AB is slated to play Sunday barring any extreme circumstances like you stated. Hopefully he will not miss this game though.

Keep in mind that, back then in the 2015 AFC Divisional Game, we did not have AB and Ben did not have a good shoulder that day. Still threw for over 350+ if I recall.

That was when Denver's defense was nigh omnipotent the same. While Bradley Chubb is going to be a superstar in time, the rest of their defense is not what it once was. Furthermore, Case Keenum is no Peyton Manning (old Manning or otherwise).

Still a tough game no doubt but I like our chances.