1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Going To My FIRST Game!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jordan Stella, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Jordan Stella

Jordan Stella Active Member

Sep 12, 2016
    WHat's up, everybody! I am popping my NFL cherry and going to see the Steelers play green bay next year. Heinz always looked like a cool place to visit and can't wait for a prime-time show. I am impressed by the offense and have Leveon on my fantasy team hope he scores. The defense looked a little weary in the first half, but stepped up by creating turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome to the board :drinks:

I wish I lived closer, Id go to games all the time, its great. You'll love it :steelflag:

3. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Welcome and good for you hope it is all you expect it to be. Make sure you come back and fill us in on your experience, I for one will hope to go to my first ever game next year......but I think I say that every year lol.

5. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Welcome and enjoy. The first time walking into Heinz is a magical experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome. You will thoroughly enjoy it.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Having walked into Heinz over 100 Times, it’s still magical. :smiley1:

8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

When do they play Greenbay next year or do you mean next Sunday?

9. Jordan Stella

Sep 12, 2016
    I know I said year instead of week lol. I'm not as focused as I am at work when writing emails.

10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. He meant this game. We cannot play GB next year unless it`s preseason or S.B.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Have fun! It's a great venue. And welcome to the board!

12. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Hell, it's magical far before you even enter Heinz. It's kick -ss in the parking lots, tailgaiting. Go early so you can experience that, for sure, even if you don't set up your own grill, etc. We used to go like 4 hours before the game, but not into that so much now. But you should have at least one hour in the parking lot before you head in; if not, you will be shorting yourself on life.

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I grew up in the Burgh and watched the Steelers play at old Pitt stadium (ugly) and the old Forbes field (home of the Pirates when they were more then a double A team) and a few years back I went back to see a game in Heinz field. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the stadium but the atmosphere with fellow Steeler fans was electric!!!!!! The Great Hall was AWESOME!!!!! Not a college football fan but do root for the Pitt Panthers and they are included in the Great Hall but it's one hell of a tribute to the Steelers and their past.

Hope you have a great time and really hope you see a winner!!!!!!

14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Anyone who honors both the Steelers AND Pink Floyd (your avatar), is alright in my book. Welcome and cherish your experience. I went to the very first game ever at Heinz Field - pre-season vs Charlie Batch's Lions - Steelers won and then headed across the parking lot to see the Pirates defeat the Astro's in a night game. Possibly best day of my life!

15. Jordan Stella

Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah guys I'm taking Monday off no accounting for me. I am coming down to Pittsburgh with my buddy my brother and sister in law around 2PM and am touring the city before the game starts!!

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Welcome aboard, your going to love it. Dont miss the great hall inside the stadium.