1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

God Bless Us, Every One

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by The Glory Days, Nov 2, 2017.

1. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    This is going to be a long bye week.

Ran into a good ole boy at a gas station a couple days ago. He was grumbling about something to the girl at the counter. She was being polite, just standing there taking it. But you could tell she was counting the seconds until it was all over.

Something came over me and I felt compelled to help her out. I'm 6'2", 285 lbs. This dude was at least 6'5" and Lord knows how many pounds he had on me. So confronting him probably wasn't smart. But you've seen some of my comments here. Do the math.

Anyway, I walked up to him, put a firm hand up on his shoulder, and said, "Nice weather we're having." He jerked, startled by the unexpected hand on his shoulder. She wrinkled her face as he turned to me, looking confused.

Then he slowly turned his gaze outside to the cold, dark, dreary, rain soaked day. He looked back at me and for a second I contemplated my own mortality. The he smiled, which scared me even more. Then he chuckled. Shew.

I said, "Life's just too peachy to be in a bad mood, brother."

He let out a big, "Hah!" and smiled again. I looked at the girl and winked. If I was younger, and not married...

The dude, Steve, and I talked for a few minutes and he headed out. I swear I think he said, "Nice day" as he walked outside, but that could be my imagination.

I paid for my drink and Anne (it was on her nametag) thanked me for diffusing the situation. I headed out into the cold.

It made me think. I disagree with some of you vehemently. Sometimes it gets heated. But life's too peachy to be in a bad mood, especially with fellow Steeler fans. I'd sit down and have a beer (or your beverage of choice) with any one of you and either agree or disagree about our team. But at the end of the day, we're still on the same team.

Much love to Steeler Nation. Nice weather we're having!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought the story was going to end where you all realised all three of you were members of TSF.com.

Anne is in fact Real Steel.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017

I thought someone was going to blame Tomlin for the lousy weather.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought someone was going to turn the weather into an analogy about how it is like the Patriots and we just can't beat either one!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. Ben There

Ben There Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Great story, have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    At the end of the story, Anne turns to @The Glory Days and says:

"This anecdote will mean nothing unless we beat the Pats."

• Like Like x 3
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    lol @ this thread. good stuff

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    <- *turns and looks out at the dark cold weather outside and then smiles*

9. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Real Steel works at Speedway on Emerson Ave?? Amazing!! ;)

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There are optimistic people.
    There are pessimistic people.

Then there is Real Steel

• Like Like x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If this dude had size on your svelte 285 lbs, I think I just saw him going down the street.............. [​IMG]

12. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Everybody has their opinions...right, wrong or indifferent. People see things through their lenses. Debate is good and lets everybody hear a different side of the equation. Maybe we learn something or maybe we don’t. One thing I know for sure since I have been watching the Steelers since the early 70’s, we as fans are passionate and always want to see this team succeed. As frustrated as they make all of us...they are still our team. Love them at times and hate them at times, but in the end...we all want to see them play at a championship level. Guess that is what happens when you have multiple Super Bowl Trophies.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    couldn't have said it better...