1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Glenn or Kirkpatrick

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Jan 17, 2012.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It looks like cordy glenn og georgia or dre kirkpatrick cb alabama may fall to our pick. I have seen mocks with us taking both players along with the dt from washington. sorry cant spell his name of the top of my head. what is the bigger need? I like kirkpatrick but not sure he fits our system. he is a man corner.

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    but we gotta have someone to protect ben or he is going to get killed

and apparently that cb and holmes are big buddies

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah, I have been looking at the mocks too....I got excited when I saw a CB for us but we have the two young guys already on the roster....we dont have ANYONE to protect Ben. :hmmm:

4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    yeah we immediately need help on the oline and quality backups. Plus we have two corners "in waiting" right now.

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    If a top CB is available, I'd take him. IMO TOP CBs will be off the board by the time we pick (24), so we will go with a LG (the best LG probably will still be available when we pick).

I guess we have many young CBs (3 or 4), so wouldn't be worth to spend another pick in a non-top CB.

6. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    And I guess that Kirkpatrick's incident will make our FO take him off our board.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Glenn. Best way to help our defense is by building a strong OL so that Ben can stay healthy and we can score more points. I wouldn't touch a CB this draft unless something stupid happens; like Jenkins still on the board in the 7th. I'd consider a new safety, but not CB.

8. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    im a big fan of gleen that would be my pick.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not overly excited about glenn. he's big and all, but i've not seen all this mobility from him this year. he was at LT for georgia, but not overly impressive there. i want a pouncey type that can make multiple blocks on any given play. that's what makes pouncey good. kelemete is that type of player. he was strong, and mobile enough to play LT for washington last year and his stregnth and mobility would transfer alot better then a big jumbo with our inside run game. he's not limited in just blowing up one guy on any given play. :cool:

10. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I take the O-Lineman. Even moreso than pass protection (which actually got to an average level, at points) we need run blockers. The current O-Line is getting no push when running plays are called (CLE, game 1, 4 downs from the goal line and no TD).

I'm interested to see what the Steelers do with the free agency pool. That should be available, before the draft, and give them an opportunity to pick up proven O-Lineman and maybe at discount.

11. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes, sometimes I think that people that get on our defense haven't seen a single game between two other teams all year. It's like complaining about a cloud in the sky while your neighbors are in the middle of a hurricaine. If our offense was more consistent, and could actually run the ball, and actually protect the quarterback, my gosh our defense would be way better. Not only would it win more games, but spend less time on the field, stay healthier, fresher...

But I can't believe you're done with CB! I concede that OL is a bigger priority right now, but the cards rarely fall our way come draft day. DE was a relatively low priority last year, and Heyward turned out to be a great pick. If our OL guys aren't there the BPA is a CB, I'm all for it.

12. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yeah, I'm surprised I said that too, as I consider myself very CB-friendly and typically beleive we should nab one every draft. However, I think with our three young guys (Lewis, Brown, Allen) and the return of Ike and possibly Gay, I think CB is a solid position for us. While I firmly beleive that CB is not a position of need, if a clear athletically superior athlete falls well below his projected draft position, I would be open to pulling the trigger due to the extreme value, even in the first round.

My baseline position for this draft, however, is no CB's. Other than QB, I think CB is the least likely position to be drafted. Heck, I'd even support drafting a kicker over a CB, all things being normal.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    this draft looks like a very good one for offensive linemen. i just hope we stockpile a few. :cool:

14. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It would be almost impossible to ignore Kirkpatrick's talent and perhaps this was just an isolate incident. At worst, its asking yourself if you want to put up with an aqib talib type player. Now I dont think Kirkpatrick is that bad. I still think he goes well before #24. Cordy Glenn still tops my list of realistic choices at #24.

15. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Glenn looks pretty good ,but I would much rather get David DeCastro.......He is worth moving up for.....He is the best OL in the draft from what I can see...Good thing he is a Guard or he would be gone in Top 10.....I hope a Team falls in Love with Glenn and he goes 1st. then David in all likely hood could be on the board for us....