1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Giving props to Mike Tomlin this week.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 22, 2017.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Think that ship has sailed. Noll never lost a Super Bowl, and won 4 in 6 years. If he can win another Super Bowl ( with or without Ben), I would elevate him above Cowher. Don’t think he will ever do anything to overcome Emperor Chaz

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

I'm posting from the future..here it's 2021 and MT is now with Dallas teaching cheerleading

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :facepalm: at some of the posts here...

When I tell friends and coworkers who are fans of other teams (and very football-savvy) about the level of criticism Tomlin gets here, every single one of them is surprised. People outside of the Steelers fan circle who know football tend to have a very high opinion of Tomlin, and regard him as one of the best in the league.

He has his warts, but if you look around the league with an open mind you’ll see that the rest of the NFL head coaches do as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    If Tomlin coached the Pats with Brady he would have 6 or 7 rings by now & most likely be moving on with his lifes work. Great motivator, Great coach, & great man. We are blessed to have him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Should have clarify Tomlin had a ring as an assistant.

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If Bellacheat and Marsha were here running this team ..they would have 12 rings and be scoring 70 points per game

7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    And of course your friends and coworkers think their HC sucks, all they see is the steelers can usually win 10 games every year and get to the playoffs but what they dont see is tomlin getting out coached and holding them back in the playoffs like we do, so your friends think getting to the playoffs is all we care about when in reality we want another ring not 1 or 2 playoff wins and done.......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    How dare you critique Tomlin's coaching abilities. Horrible and ungrateful fan.
    "Are you not Entertained?"

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Name one season the Steelers were favored to win the Super Bowl and choked? That loss to Tebow the defense was old and slow, two years ago was their best chance lost to Denver without Bell, AB, and DWill.

11. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Win 4 more Lombardis? 5>4

12. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I share your pain.

I really do get some of the criticism. Time/time out mismanagement, some of the ill-advised challenges and some of the lack of discipline incidents. These are all correctable.

What I have a hard time wrapping my mind around is that no matter the roster, no matter the injury situation, some Tomlin critics act as if the Steelers should win every week 52-0. Anything less than that falls on HCMT. :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers won't win the Superbowl every year. Most fans are happy to have a competitive team that has a chance to make the playoffs year in and year out. The fans that are not happy are spoiled fans, just seem to be miserable people that love to complain, or trolls and not really fans of this team. Nothing can be done about those kinds of people.

Why is it that Tomlin doesn't hold the team back in the regular season and all of a sudden he holds them back in the playoffs? He's proven he's a good enough coach to lead this team to the playoffs and the Superbowl.

For whatever reasons (match ups, schemes, players, coaching, ect) Brady and NE just seems to have the Steelers number. Let's see what happens this year.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Maybe he reads the message board. Seems to me we have greatly reduced doing some stupid things like running the a kick off out of the end zone all the time. Take a knee every time baby. Cracking down on stupid penalties? Maybe. Didn`t we just have a game where the offense did not make a stupid penalty? I hope he does look for criticism and help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Mike Tomlin had his best opportunity to beat NE in the AFCCG and he completely botched it with a horrible game plan. If we want to beat NE in the playoffs then it had better be at Heinz Field. That's why this game tonight is huge. We have to keep the foot on the gas in order to try and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs. This team had better come out fired up tonight.