1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Give your home town STEELER bar some love

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Myronwemissyinz, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Have 2 here in NEPA
    Bo Brothers in Wyoming Pa. and Brews Brothers in Luzerne Pa.

Went to Brews last year for playoff game against Rats. 110in screen with 20 50in scattered through out bar. Place was packed to the rafts.Real quiet first half. :praying: :beg: Place exploded in second.Was next best thing to being there! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Since I don't drink anymore, it would have to be my family room! I know of one place in La Mesa but, right now, I can't remember the name. I was only there once.

3. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Dukenfields Jacksonville North Carolina. Haven't been yet because they still smoke in there and all games have been on TV so far
    Not sure about Sunday against Wizzs Fizzes if it is on tv. May go there for the cards game

4. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    When I lived in Colorado there was an awesome one my friend and I would go to. Overtime Sports Bar, the place would be standing room only for Steelers games, man would that place get loud! Now that I'm in Arizona I've been enjoying the games in my living room though lol.

5. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Timothy's on the Riverfont i Wilmington, DE. The Steelers Club of DE goes there and sells raffle tickets for steelers stuff and have even given away a few free jerseys.

930 S. Justion St.
    Wilmington, DE
    302-429-7427

6. kwebste6

kwebste6 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Here in Kennesaw, Georgia the best bar to watch a game at is Buffalo Wild Wings. Always full of passionate steelers fans. Rarely other teams fans go there becuase they know its a "STEELERS BAR". At least 100 steelers fans there a week, and never more than 5 other teams fans. I feel like im back in Pittsburgh, becuase when i drive up to the bar all you can see are steelers magnets and flags on cars, then a mass amount of steelers fans inside. A stupid Texans fan decided to show up after they won 3 weeks ago... The steelers fan had to be held back by 3 fans. They dont mess around there, its a true Steelers Bar and my Sunday Home for football

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Back to Jacksonville NC I hear they show the Steelers at Hooters. Not sure My eyes wouldn't stray there. I am a Lesbian trapped in a mans body you know :yahoo: ?

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Not too many Steelers bars to pick from here in the UK, as you might imagine... However I will give a shout out to the best Steelers bar I've been to, which is La Botticella in Rome.

Why the best ever? Well, I was holidaying over there last year when the Icelandic ash cloud hit, and grounded all flights, caused chaos, etc. We were on a really tight budget to start with, could barely afford the holiday - and now suddenly had to spend several extra days in one of the most expensive places in Europe before the first train we could get left (seriously, it was chaos).
    So, broke, tired, and thoroughly depressed, we wandered the evening streets until suddenly chancing upon La Botticella by complete accident - and what can I say. Walked into this amazing bar, full of amazing people from several different continents, and basically had a thoroughly good night drinking beer and talking all things Steelers. Completely transformed a rubbish situation into a great one.
    Proof, if it was ever needed, that we have the best fanbase in - literally - the world.

9. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Since you live in a place where football/futbol/soccer reigns supreme, I've always been curious.

How do some of the soccer (sorry, as an American, I can't call it football) fans for certain clubs compare to fans of NFL teams here? Crazier? More fickle? Just as diehard?

Is there a fan base that somewhat compares to the Steeler fan base?

10. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm not an expert, but I'm pretty sure they are crazier, and just as if not more die hard. Although, the Steelers have a die hard fan base. Imagine if all 32 NFL teams had fan bases just like ours. I think that's what it's like in the UK with soccer.

Plus, their entire everything takes place in a land area the size of Oregon, not spread out over something the size of the Sahara.

Edit:

Oh, and Hi 5 Pizza, in San Jose. I only went there once, to see the Eagles game in 2008 (one of our ugliest games ever, in my opinion, but turned out to be the low-point catalyst for an amazing season, like the Bengals game in 2005). I showed up at 10 AM, and it turned out to be a very rare 1 PM game, even though we were playing on the East Coast. I watched part of the Miami-NE game (Wildcat intro -- awesome to see the Pats shredded like that) and bounced. Ordered Directv as soon as I got home.

11. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Pretty crazy that 65 million people live in a place the size of Michigan. The atmosphere at games due to the ease of traveling and designated areas for visiting club's fans is something you really don't get to see here very much in our professional leagues. I think the atmosphere's there are more like our collegiate atmospheres, but with masses of people singing songs in unison.

12. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Sports Corner Cafe in Stratford, CT. The first time I saw that place was when my daughter and I decided to take the scenic route home from the mall. I came to a stop light at the corner of Stratford Ave and Beardsley Ave. I looked over my right shoulder and there was a large banner draped over the side of the building that said "THIS IS STEELERS COUNTRY". I told my daughter we were finally home.

13. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    harold's cave creek corral. about twenty minutes north of scottsdale in the small, but affluent, biker town of cave creek.

we get, i think, around 600 for your typical sunday steelers game. dj playing nothing but steelers songs, polka after every score, great food, import iron city for special occasions . . .

for the super bowl, we got i think 6,000 last year. the owner put up some large tent events outside the bar (it's in the desert so there's plenty of room) to accomodate the large crowd.

with the stillers in az this weekend, here's what they have planned: http://haroldscorral.com/?page_id=101

i've been to between 20-30 of the 'steelers bars' from across the country that are listed on the post-gazette's 'steelers bars' site and nothing comes even remotely close to harold's.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Difficult to say, as I tihnk the franchise system and limited number of teams make American sports quite different to British football, where there's like a million teams all in the same league. So like you'll find diehard fans of Brighton and Hove Albion, but nowhere near the number of Steeler Nation. The bigger teams, meanwhile - your Manchester Uniteds and Chelseas - have a vast worldwide appeal (though tend to be disliked for that by most Brits, I'd say).

Crowds at games are different too - there are hardly any banners/slogans/cut outs of a "D" and a "fence" in football crowds (though they do like flags). We don't really have an equivalent to tailgating. But I think footie crowds tend to have better (sometimes ingenious) crowd chants.

15. Steel Here In Va

Steel Here In Va Member

Oct 16, 2011
    check my sig thats me in the photo of the bar i run in Waynesboro VA

16. steelgirl ny 47

steelgirl ny 47 Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Just got back from a visit with my daughter in theColumbus Ohio area.Found a great Steeler bar called Gordys!The people were great, and the drinks were cheap.Loved cheering for my team surrounded by fellow Steeler fans.

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Its not my home town bar but vist here a few times a year.

The Salty Dog...OC.Md.....In the area check them out.

18. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've been really thinking about heading up there this Saturday... I think I'll end up relaxing at home with going to the game, but I really should get up there later in the season.

19. bobtx2us

bobtx2us Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Our Steeler Bar is Steel City Pizzeria in The Woodlands, TX - just 1 of 11 Steeler bars listed for the greater Houston area on the PPG website. It rocks for all Steeler games & the Pens games in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Been to many games there - the best of which was probably the AFCCG win over the Ratbirds in 2008.

I ask you: how many Texans or Cowboys bars will you find in Pittsburgh????? lol.

20. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    That's pretty cool. I'll have to check that place out the next time I'm in the area. I have an old college friend down that way that I visit every couple of years or so. :drinks: