1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

gilbert to LT

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Feb 20, 2012.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    According to GM Colbert they are gonna move Gilbert to LT.

I sure hope this works. I figured his feet was too slow to protect Ben's blind side but maybe Coach Kugler sees something I don't and since he knows better than me maybe it'll work. I hope it does work but I am worried about this move.

Cajun-

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think he can do it as long as the LG next to him is solid.

3. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I'm on the side of being a little worried. He played ok for a rookie on the right side but the left side is a whole different ball of wax. A good LG will definitely make a difference but I see that being a rookie.

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Starks isn't going to be re-signed, and I'd rather have Gilbert there than Scott. He's probably ALREADY better than Scott, and he's our future, so might as well get him in there.

5. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    The whole coaching staff and ownership are oblivious to what works on the line. Pouncey and Gilbert are the only two I'd keep. The rest would be free agents and or rookies. Anythings better than what we've got.

6. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    You're one of the few who I've seen think this. As it has been discussed in other posts since this was report a week or more ago (like in the thread right below this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2287 )...Gilbert will do just fine on the left side.

7. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  8. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Thanks for pointing out I'm in the minority on this issue. Not sure why its important to you but know this, I really don't care. Its called an opinion and its my opinion and I've never been one accused of following the crowd. I watched him and he had some good games and he had some struggles against quicker guys.

The left side is a different animal. I'm worried about this move but I'm hopeful the coaches can coach'em up.

I also didn't realize it was discussed in another thread. I've been gone most of the weekend and when I seen the Colbert comment scroll across the bottom of the screen I searched the titles on here and didn't see it mentioned.

Cajun-

9. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i don't think gilbert can do the switch