1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gilbert Thinks Coach Wilson Will Be Out Soon

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Mar 2, 2012.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    He's not a doctor of course, but after visiting Coach Wilson this morning, Marcus Gilbert tweeted~

[​IMG]

He's making a pretty awesome recovery. Do you think it is possible that he'll rehab quickly enough to resume his duties without needing a temporary replacement? All other coaching positions have been addressed to my knowledge.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12060/1213426-100.stm

2. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Great news but I think that getting back on the sidelines any time this coming season is a reach and probably the furthest thing from his mind right now.

Get well soon coach.

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Awesome news. It could have been a lot longer before he was able to walk. I don't see him back this year either, but this seems like the first sign that he might be able to come back someday. Maybe next year.

4. SteelYourPoints

SteelYourPoints Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess unfortunately no one can really say if he will be back in time or not. He seems like a great guy and I look forward to his return.

By the way if he couldn't return at the start of the season how would we handle that? I can't think of something like this ever happening before.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Bear in mind he was comatose (medically induced but still comatose) 60 days ago. Really find it hard to believe he'll be back anytime soon.