1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gilbert-injury prone?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    anyone follow GIlbert at Fla? Is he injury prone? He has already injured his shoulder twice and now his ankle in the last game. I like what I see and believe he will be our future left tackle, but sure hope he is more durable in the future.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I noticed this as well? Hmmm?

In related news...I'm sure glad we didn't draft Ras-I Dowling now....he had the label of being injury prone, and look at his season thus far...he was hampered with injuries most of the year and he finally got put on IR.

3. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Who on our OL isn't injury prone? Ramon Foster? Gilbert is still a baby and has some strength to add to his body. All of his injuries appear to be little nicks and I think that will go away with his physical maturation.

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree. I've said before, but I think Gilbert is a quiet success for us so far. He wasn't meant to be starting this year, as far as I can tell, and injuries have forced him in.

According to his wiki page, he had a healthy college career - getting a start because he was filling in for an injured Maurkice Pouncey, indeed.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    not hard to do that with this bunch. :cry: :cool:

6. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I wouldn't doubt going from college playing against a few professional level athletes to the NFL where they are all pros can be taxing on the body until the trainers get you in proper form and shape for it. So, if he can over come the injuries after playing a majority of offensive snaps he deserves lots of credit.