1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Giants may cut James Bradberry Should Steelers go after him?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, May 6, 2022.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    We need someone to replace Haden at the CB #1 spot, and right now that guy is not on the team.

I hope the Steelers do dig deep into their pockets and bring Bradbury in.

I thought the best Defensive game we played last year was against Buffalo; and in that game we blitzed like a total of only 3 times.

Last edited: May 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    When I say this everyone says .....It doesn't count....it was the 1st game of the year. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and on the road. those games count too. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think we are extremely solid in the defensive backfield. not many if any teams have a number one shut down corner and at his age haden wasn't either. if they play as a unit and don't have vince covering the other teams number one receiver, they should be quite solid. yes i know vince isn't still here and i doubt we run that same type of defense that butler was so enamored with. i hope they work genard avery in the ILB spot next to myles jack at some point and help the run defense. hightower and watt need to start setting the edge better and we can't let QB's rush for 100 yards in games. butlers defense was so worried about getting to the passer and covering that we left the middle of the field go. that never changed the whole time he was here. that was a flaw in his system that he never adjusted to. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    If not signing Haden, the I like this expensive addition. Try to keep it 9 million or less a year. I think they would, they have the bucks. I think the real issue is where’s the room? I like the A Witherspoon signing. Still, get Sutton back to slot where he belongs, add and stir.

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I haven't paid much attention to Bradberry the last few years, some people say he's washed up.

7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    More pressure on the QB may be better than the value of replacing one of our corners with Bradberry.

Give Watt more help disrupting opposition offense. IMO that would be value.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Wallace too. Kazee. Edmunds. Pierre can improve as well. He had 1 pick and 3 forced fumbles. Those are drive killers. Norwood. Joseph. Killebrew. Stiner. Maulet. Layne. Stephens. A couple of rookies. Not a bad group. They may add yet. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I just don't see them giving out a big contract to a free agent cornerback at this point. They seem ready to go into the season with Witherspoon, Wallace, and Sutton as their top three corners.

10. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I am somewhere in that neighborhood of thought.
    That contract made him untradeable, but everyone knows the Giants are cap challenged so they knew he would be let go.
    He is 28 so there are some miles left there. He was their strength in the secondary.
    Yet no one beating down his door. (though he will be signed for sure)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Don’t forget our pass defense was rated as such because our run defense was horrible. Teams didn’t need to pass on us when they could run all day on us.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree and think that's what they should do. i think they like pierre still and layne and they just needed more time to work with them. when i said they may still get one, it would be possibly a camp cut right before the season. not a high priced guy. i like what we have back there with a lot of capable safeties as well. at least enough to fill in here and there and are not green. :cool:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    With Minka's impending signing does this leave us enough money to upgrade
    our CB situation with someone like Bradberry? If so,we should be looking for that player.
    Remember Cincy and KC blew us out, we must improve in all facets of the game.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    this will be quite a different team then the one last year. haden our number one was on that blow out team. just sayin. many coaches and players have changed from that team to this one. that's why you can't go by what happened last year. so many do though. :cool:

Last edited: May 12, 2022
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Wasn't Layne and Pierre, Norwood, Edmunds also on the team? And Cincy and KC still blew us out.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    they probably won't be starting either. norwood was a rookie. pierre was a rookie as a starter. layne has never been a starter and most never even pay attention to him being in a game. edmunds was. edmunds had better numbers than most think last year too. so you are going to name these backups to prove your point? mason was on the team too, i guess he should be held accountable for those losses as well. c'mon ward. this will be a much different team then last year. :cool:

17. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I got three names that will prove our defensive backfield is less than solid.... Burrow, Watson and Jackson! And we have to face them twice a year. That is why we need to beef up the CB’s.

• Like Like x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    beat jacksons team twice last year and beat watsons new team twice last year. by the way we did beef up our cb's. oh and safety. heck watson has done nothing and may not even play this year. not many beat burrow, but he also can't throw when he's on his back either. until we play the games it's all speculation. :cool:

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Burrow is 12-13-1 in the regular season as a starter.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    OK glenn, last year.:cool:

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And one of those names actually means anything

• Like Like x 1
  23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They could restructure some contracts to free up some cap space, if they wanted to sign a player like Bradberry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    what about after he got Chase?

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    10-7. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1