1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting to meet Ward, Timmons, and Farrior

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelinOhio, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They must be getting a boatload of money Dayton Ohio?

3. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    wow...you are a lucky man with some lucky kids....how far is dayton from the burgh?

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    It's about a 4.5 hour drive to Pittsburgh from Dayton.

5. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Congrats! Hope your kids enjoy the event and get their stuff and pictures!
    Those are three of the classiest steelers on the roster.

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Awesome. James 'Potsie' Farrior is very well loved here in Richmond and he shares his time generously for different causes.

7. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    SteelerJJ... another Richmonder here. I was just going to say the Farrior Foundation is based here. Did you go to any of the charity events this summer for it? I went to the softball game.

8. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I went to the bowling for the Farrior Foundation last time. Great guys, all willing to sign, but Hines. Someone told me their agents will dictate that sometimes. By far my favorite was Mike Merriweather, a very down to earth, fun guy. I plan to try to attend next year.

9. VA_Black&Gold

Nov 14, 2011
    Hines signed for quite some time at the softball game, walking along the stands. I was so close to getting my towel signed, but it was mostly kids lined up and he had to stop right as he was getting to me. Darn! And the funnest player to watch at the game was Fox by far. He was hilarious and obviously thrilled to be there.

10. bves4

bves4 Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Sorry, event was canceled. We called Fans 1st Choice, I guess the promoter was sketchy
    :thumbsdown:

11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Aw, sorry to hear that. That really stinks. :-(

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I didn't see this post yesterday and I just called the store and talked to the manager. He basically said the same thing, that the promoter wouldn't follow through even though the store really tried to work something out.

The wost thing is that my kids made posters to give to the players and they were very excited about it :(

13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My wife just emailed pictures of the posters my kids made to take to Fans 1st Choice before they found out it was cancelled.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh well, they decided that at least they can put them up in the living room during games for the rest of the year :yeehaw:

14. VA_Black&Gold

Nov 14, 2011
    Stick them in a mail tube and send them to the players (maybe a different one for each?). I bet if you send along a note saying what happened but that your kids still wanted them to have the posters, they'd get something back and think it was the neatest!

15. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Aww, that's tough. Those are some great signs though. :applaud: :towel:
    :this!: That's a great idea. That'll make a positive out of a negative and give them something to look forwards to.

16. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I had actually thought about that, but they said they wanted to keep them to put up during games, but they may change their minds. Is there a certain address to send them to? I just found this address on the official site, so I guess this is where we would send them if they do change their minds:

Pittsburgh Steelers
    Attn: (Insert Player's Name)
    3400 South Water Street
    Pittsburgh, PA 15203

17. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I did. I have a signed poster from the Richmond's Youth Are World Champions fundraiser in 2009 but I keep having to work and miss the softball games.