1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting rid of Woodley

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ballhair, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

yeah i remember china dolls departure. Good to see him gone. Very rarely does the FO make the wrong decision when it comes time to be let go. In fact I cannot think of one player that kept up the level of play with another organization.. Perhaps Faneca but even his level dropped off a bit.

Is it me or are we hanging on to players longer then we should. In the past before the Tomlin era we seem to release players or cut for another organization to pick them up.

Bman

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Which is why I don't concern myself with this stuff. Do you really think what you outlined above will come to pass? None of us here truly understands all the ins and outs of the cap, they will keep the players they want the most and move who they have to, maybe some of you guys will get your wish and Woodley will be among them.

Also, they have that TV contract that will be factored into all this, no?

3. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think in the past, the steelers would not renew contacts so much, and would let players go via free agency.

A few guys I wish they would have kept include: Hardy Nickerson, Chad Brown, Mike Vrabel, Chris Hope. I am sure there are a few more too, but those are off the top of my head.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't Rod Woodson get let go through Free Agency? Also didn't Kevin Green? Free agency really changed the landscape of the NFL. Can you even imagine what the 70s Steelers would've looked like if they would've had free agency? I'm gonna guess we wouldn't have 4 Super Bowls in the 70s if that happened.

5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You don't get rid of Woodley

Sheesh

6. DDinAZsteel1

DDinAZsteel1 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Dude, honestly woodley is useless. Waaaaaaaaay overpaid
    . Not over-reacting. He is ANTI-good.

7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Woodley is a good lb he will be fine nxt year,

8. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Uh what; I remember a superbowl he sacked a QB and preserved the win. Plus when healthy he's is one of the top in the league. Woodley will be back to his old self next year as long as he stays off Big Snacks diet program. Woodley was a hell of a pick for the second round.