1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting CTE funds, not an easy task

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Vox Ferrum, Sep 14, 2024 at 11:25 AM.

1. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    This was on my YT timeline, a little long but pretty informative and heartbreaking. Not really trying to start an argument about anything, but feel the heartbreak for what many of these guys are facing, and the to get 150,000 bucks, that lawyers get a lot of.

2. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Played a lot of football as a yougster. Even a year at tiny Marrietta in Ohio! Anyway I was knocked loopy a couple of times. A team mate in high school was hit so hard he forgot where he was. If I had it to do over again my son would NEVER set foot on a football field.

3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I remember the for the most part the hardest hits I made hurt me as much as it did them. We were coached to put helmet on the football. Broke one dude’s arm so I’m pretty sure that hurt him more

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I played HS ball in 70 and 71. We had helmets with water and air suspension they even had a clear cover over the helmet and logo. Not sure better helmets existed. Still got dinged. I was required wear a neck collar. I'm glad I escaped and joined the safety of the US Army

5. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Aaron Hernandez committed multiple violent murders and in the end committed suicide in prison. His brain sent to Boston University where it was studied and found to have CTE. He was already showing signs of behavioral changes as a freshman at Florida. Everybody is different and responds differently to trauma. But the risk even at the level of youth football is very real.

• Agree Agree x 1