1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gerry Dulac calls decision to play Kenny Pickett shameful....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  2. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Yup, same creepy story, different name.

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That doesn't do nearly enough to support your claim that he wasn't a first-round talent. For one thing, that is hindsight. You are using information teams didn't have when he was drafted. Also, you have been provided ample evidence that even many outstanding NFL quarterbacks struggle as rookies.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Professional coaches generally agree that there's a right way to bring a rookie QB along and develop them. Few are ready to start their first season. If you do find yourself starting a rookie Qb then there's a right way and a wrong way to handle him and the offense. Dulac's point is we have screwed this up big time and frankly it's hard to argue otherwise. Most people on here missed the point completely. The folks saying he's got a dog in the race because he didn't want a QB clearly miss the point. Not wanting a QB in round 1 has nothing to do with how you handle the QB you took. It's also worth pointing out that Dulac is not the only person with some integrity saying this. Cowher basically said it him self. There's a ton of rumors flying around the league and insiders say with out going on the record that it is an embarrassment. Anyone paying attention w/ any understanding of football gotta question how this has all been handled. I mean come on folks it's not that confusing. It's pretty damn obvious.

Maybe it made sense to allow Pickett to develop...learn the system.. learn how NFL defenses work. Get some understanding of the blocking assignments and basic reads. Pre snap adjustments alone have exposed him. There are none. We have run some of the craziest plays when any mediocre veteran would have instantly changed the play . I suspect he's not allowed to change plays so we just run them into a certain death. Besides risking injury I think we can all agree there's been little development or progress. In fact I'd say it's getting worse as defenses learn more about how awful our offense is.

Mitch should be the starter. Let the kid learn from the bench and practice. Let the other players progress with a veteran QB that was given little chance to operate a horrible offense. Frankly I wouldn't mind seeing Mason have a shot. I mean what do we have to lose? What if he's good? Maybe we get some trade value out of him? If you do start the rookie then run the offense like Cowher did all those years when we had terrible Qb's. We won by controlling the clock back then. We don't even try now. Bombs on 3rd and short every drive. We can only hope the coaching staff is replaced. if you're going to invest in a rookie Qb then get him quality coaching. Tomlin's time is over. He's basically been a failure now for 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ok Creep...

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What about Scary Terry...does that ring a bell???
    From one of My favorite shows. Rick and Morty

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Get over yourself. Better yet, start making better arguments. At best, acting as if Madden's writing is somehow the Pittsburgh media piling on is ignorant.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    I think Madden writes like this to get clickbaits to his articles. Kinda like pro wrestling, the more outrageous and offending act (emphasis on act/acting), the greater the audience comes to boo you. Whether Madden believes what he writes, who knows. I see more more thoughtful analysis on this site than I am seeing from local media.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That's exactly what Madden does. He has been doing it for a long time. Anybody who doesn't know that by now is clueless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I comment on many things many people post. It isn't about you. My response to your post was a dig at Madden, not you until you had to pull this idiocy again. Either you are this angry over posts on a message board, which is troubling, or you think this somehow insulates you. I don't know which it is nor do I care.

Grow up.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Go Steelers

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There are people out there who can help you with your writing. Sure, it's not free, but it can help you to do a better job presenting yourself.

As for putting man in quotes, everybody gets what you are hinting at but lack the guts to write. Nobody cares, but man, it shows us exactly who you are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    I can just picture him sitting there on a typewriter like Jack Nicholson in the shinning

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I had hopes when Mitch was brought in. New start maybe would reap benefits. After watching his lack of game, the stiffness and playing scared I reversed my hope.

Why? He is not a starting caliper QB.

The Cowher years were different. It was not a high flying offensive show then. Plus they made sure they had the horses up front and a bruiser running back. Ben walked into a perfect situation. Kenny has not. Kenny has not.

The reality is the offense is off not only because of the talent but this joke of a play caller. I do agree they should commit more to the run which at times has happened lately but this bone brained college play caller just can't be consistent. He needs to be the Happy Trickster. The b#### best be shown the door after the season and not resigned.

I have no issue with letting Pickett take his knocks and learn the NFL game. He will be better suited for next year. But they need upgrades on the offensive line and a real NFL Offensive coordinator.

• Like Like x 2
  17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    While it is quite entertaining reading the back and forth between you two, the pedophile sh!t is taking it a little too far, man. I don't come away with the impression you two are just "busting each others balls". Going with the pedophile angle is pretty serious and in my opinion, has no place on this message board.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Well...Tell him to STFU...How would you like to come on here to BS and talk , and EVERY SINGLE TIME you post...Have someone embarrass and talk **** on you...I literally cannot post one thing without him making fun of me... I'm a 6'5" #240 grown Ass Athlete...And NOBODY has ever talked to me, like this Guy has behind a computer keyboard, and never will to my Face... I'm willing to end it...I just want it to stop! I think I have a right to post one time, without being ridiculed or embarrassed...He don't like me, big deal, not everyone likes everyone...But move TF on then...I have a Wife , kids, career, friends...I have stuff going on in my Life like everyone does...I shouldn't have to come on here to see myself embarrassed...I just want it to stop, I asked him MANY times to stop, and he won't...

I guess he'll just keep doing it and drive me off of here...Which has obviously been his intentions all along

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    I get it my man, I really do. I just think the pedo stuff goes too far. He's the dude on here who has to have the last word, no matter what the subject is. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Yes Sir, your right... I'll stop...If he doesn't stop, I'm out and he'll win...It's not worth it, He can have the last word and the W

• Like Like x 2
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Just use the ignore feature I don’t like to use it but some of these guys on here are insufferable. I call them the “squad” grown men running around to defend each other on a message board. Especially if you say anything negative about their lord and savior MT. Hilarious :roflmao:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don’t let him run you off Bro.

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m still waiting for that list of Tomlin supporters.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Watching the Dolphins …. In 2020, "Tua, sucks! All he does is checkdown!" Now look at him. It’s hard but if we are patient with Pickett it could pay off.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    Having Hill and Waddle, he must feel like he is back at Alabama where their receivers speed were at track star level.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1