1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Gerrit Cole trade?

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by Hollywoodbags68, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Rumored to be going to the Yankees for Clint Frazier and two high-level infield prospects.

I am not a fan of Neal Huntington but I love this trade. Gerrit Cole is the most overhyped and overrated Pirate I can remember.

2. Hollywoodbags68

Nov 8, 2017
    And now the deal appears to be losing momentum, in typical Neal fashion.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Pirates should listen to all offers, pretty tough to compete with Yankee's Dodgers,Cubs,Redsox's

of the world.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Bucs need pitching not another outfielder even if it allows them to move Cutch this year. I'd hope Marte and Polanco bounce back this next season. Bell and Mercer are solid and 2nd and 3rd will probably be platooned. Frazier reminds me a lot of Freddy Sanchez as a very talented spray hitter. Nova is awesome but only for half a season at a time and Glasnow just might not ever catch on in near future at major league level. His problem seems to be a combo mental plus not used to MLB plate discipline. Working on their second 20 year losing season streak. :facepalm:

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We need lots of help, look for the full rebuild. Thanks Bob Nutting.

6. Hollywoodbags68

Nov 8, 2017
    I don't mind that they traded Cutch and Cole. My problem is with the lousy return and the lack of talent in the minors.

I am done with this team. I have been a fan all my life and I am 46. I can stick with a team through a lot of losing and a lot of incompetence but not through an owner who doesn't care one iota about winning.

Loyalty is a two street -- and I now live near a team that actually cares about putting a winning product in the field. And my son likes that team. So F*** the Pirates.