1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

general draft talk 2013-14 addition

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Nov 21, 2013.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I saw a mock this morning...done today...that had us taking Nix in the first with Mike Evans and Ebron still on the board. That would TOTALLY surprise me in every way shape and form. They had Robinson from PSU to us in round 2. If we could get Ebron and Robinson that would be a great first 2 rounds. It doesn't help our D, but it would be a step up for our offense.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Paulson was drafted as more of that type. we have a guy that's very underused and used to be a wr. will Johnson. I'd be getting more creative with him.:cool:

3. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I may be in the minority here, but if we are going to draft a TE at all, it better be to be an all around guy who can eventually replace Heath or why bother. By that I want a first 2 rounds guy or we need to wait until next year (I have no idea what that TE class looks like). There are 3 in this class IMO....Amaro, Ebron, and Senefian-Jenkins. That is it. It is those 3 or wait a year.

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Sammy Watkins vs OSU is on right now.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    buckeyes db's are not the greatest bunch to go against if you want to see if he's nfl ready. LOL he is though. Sammy is legit.

so is philly brown and on most boards he's not even ranked in the first 7 rounds.:cool:

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I would use him a lot more as well. In the last game he took a short pass in the flat and looked pretty quick and dynamic when he turned the ball upfield. The guy has talent that's not being fully utilized.

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    He looked good last night. He is very decisive in running north-south when a crease opens up after a WR screen. Too many guys dance around looking for the crease to turn into a gaping hole.

8. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    Watkins is a player...no doubt.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I agree with you guys. Keep an eye on Amaro, Ebron is getting most of the hype but Amaro is a serious talent. I'd take either.

10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Watkins will be a top ten draft pick the Steelers won't have a shot at him. Not interested in Nix at #15 it's a passing league and he will come off the field on 3rd downs, can't draft a 2 down player that high.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    so is saf-Jenkins. amaro was the makey award winner. he doubled the catches ebron had.

though you have to remember a lot of these TE's are good, but the qb'ing around them wasn't top notch.

guys like fiedorowicz. even ebron after renner went down. Jensen is good.< big big hands. bolser from Indiana. grimble from USC if he comes out is a good TE. Pedersen from wisc. is a good TE and a rough and tough guy for his size.

there is some good talent deep in this draft at TE.:cool:

12. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I think I may be in the minority, but if we could get one of each of these three-man groups, I think we could be very dangerous next year on offense:

WR: Evans, Watkins, Lee

TE: Ebron, Amaro, Seferian-Jenkins

There are some other TEs and WRs I would consider as well. TEs probably in the 3rd round, but guys like Robinson potentially in the 2nd depending upon what we do in round 1.

13. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd definitely keep Kelvin Benjamin in mind at WR.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I agree. there are a lot of wr's in this class deep into it. moncrief from miss. Washington from mizzou. I see a couple of holes in my man jordan Matthews game, so he could drop as far as the 3rd before it's over. I've seen him drop out of the first on a few boards. still a good player with size.

there is a lot to be said for some of these small fast guys too. tevin reese. dri archer.< he's fun to watch if you've never seen him. corey(philly)brown from ohio state. these guys can be had mid draft too.

a 1st rounder at 15 should be start ready soon after he gets here. is a TE going to replace heath as the starter? spaeth? even DJ as much as I and others have got on him early has played very well if he could stay on the field.

now WR, we could have an opening. RB we have an opening after bell. tackle? possibly. guard? possibly. center? possibly down the road in a year.:cool:

15. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Then I'm in the minority too..
    1 of Evans, Watkins, Lee, Benjamin or 1 of Ebron or Amaro and this draft would start with a very high grade IMO.

16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Will Johnson is a freak athletically. He is way underutilized. We shouldn't be looking too far,when we have a very capable guy right under our noses.

17. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Add me to the minority - except with respect to Lee, who I'm not sold on yet. Add Jordan Matthews to the list instead.

18. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    if not top 5

19. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I see Benjamin more as a 2nd round pick than first, but I do like him.

20. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I don't think anyone here would debate these guys can play, for me the minority statement was me just admitting that I think MOST of the board would rather see us take defense, but not having done an actual poll, I don't know that to be true.

21. TarheelFlyer

Oct 25, 2011
    I would be surprised if Watkins is still available when we draft at 15, but you never know. This time last year Ansah was a 20-25 projection and the actual #1 draft pick was a 10-15 projection. Things are going to change. You never know Watkins might show up with a slow 40 time (doubt it) or be looked at as dumb by flunking the Wonderlic or have a medical condition which makes him drop.

22. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Add me to the minority also,
    If we don't go defense I will be shocked
    and dissappointed.We need PLAY MAKERS
    on DEFENSE.Other than Timmons, who may not show up every week we have
    nobody.

23. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    :this!: About Nix.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nix/Nix I think he's too one dimensional. I like the route we are going with Hybrid type defenses. Position flexibility. I remember someone bringing up Aaron Donald. What round is he projected?.....Does anyone think we look for a true complement to Bell at RB? What round do we start to look? Definitely could use a new punt returner, would help if he's a third down type back. if we lose Brown we are in trouble.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Gonna be a great game tonight. Probably 12-15 guys on the field end up getting drafted. Some guys to watch- WR Kelvin Benjamin #1 FSU, OT Cameron Irving #75 FSU, CB/S Lamarcus Joyner FSU #20, OT Greg Robinson #73 Auburn, TE Nick O’Leary FSU #35. I'm probably forgetting a couple.

Fun to watch: #21 RB Tre Mason Auburn, #8 QB Jamies Winston FSU.